WebProfessionalJobs.com is sponsored by Webprofessionals.org. a non-profit professional association dedicated to the support of individuals and organizations who create, manage or market web sites. Webprofessionals.org provides education as well as certification, technical, employment and member advantage services to thousands of aspiring and practicing web professionals worldwide. For a complete narrative on the twelve year history of the WOW organization, check out the WOW Backgrounder.
WebProfessionals.org mission statement
WebProfessionals.org mission is to:
- Foster professional standards
- Advocate on behalf of Web Professionals
- Provide for communication among all web professionals., including corporate webmasters, developers and designers in government, business, and education, independent web professionals, and aspiring webmasters such as students
- Provide for education through the development of curriculum, publishing of articles and books, professional papers, and the sponsoring of seminars and conferences
- Stimulate the continued growth of the Web by providing a forum for the raising of new ideas and an effective mechanism for dialog on these issues
- Provide security, legal and marketing white papers as well as an area on the latest trends in the Internet on each of those
As the Internet evolves, the role of the webmaster will evolve with it. The World Organization of Webmasters envisions itself as a community of common interest, where individuals can find common ground for communication and education, regardless of their specific responsibilities or abilities. This organization will be open to anyone in the world who believes in our philosophy and sincerely desires to enhance their capabilities and that of the World Wide Web. It will be administered by its members in accordance with democratic principles.
Community is the heart of any great professional organization. Membership and volunteering in WOW is enormously beneficial both to you, and to the community at large. Join today!
The WebProfessionals.org organization is supported by a consortia of industry professionals, publishers, educators, government agencies and groups coming together for the benefit promoting awareness and jobs within the Web profession.
• convening stakeholders to establish collaboration between business, the Web and IT profession, education and government to develop a clear, concise and consistent communication strategy regarding why innovation and information technology is good for business, commerce, competitiveness and jobs.
• developing an effective advocacy plan and implementation strategies that support Web and IT innovation and Information Technology adoption and best practices.
• promoting general awareness of Career Technical Education (CTE) and information technology (IT) through websites, workshops, conferences and award ceremonies.
• fostering relationships and linkages between business and industry, education, career technical student organizations and government agencies to insure a continual pipeline of IT professionals with skills that aligns to industry demand.
• promoting IT literacy into general education curriculum to equip all graduates with these basic skills.
• Identifying and aligning resources that will assist students, teachers, career changers and the incumbent workers to prepare for the IT profession and employment.
• focusing on promoting diversity and under-represented groups, difficult to reach populations and non-traditional learning organizations including women and minorities.
• providing relevant, workable, accessible instructional design strategies for learners in traditional and online methods in partnership with K-12 schools, community colleges, universities and Regional Occupational Programs