Acquity Group: Front-End Development Architect
Location: Chicago, IL
agency with offices across the U.S., and we’re ranked by Ad Age as one of the
Top 5 Independent Digital Agencies in the country. Our Front-End Development
team holds a key role in bridging the gap between user-centered design and
and ActionScript; but in turn, we also help our designers be better designers,
and help our technologists be better technologists. As Front-End Development Architect,
you will have an excellent opportunity to lead project teams, run a group of
like minded developers, and work with exciting, strategic clients. A strong
visual eye and understanding of design concepts is necessary, as is a
perspective on front and backend technologies and their impact on the design
say… you do here?
templates from design documentation for integrating into desktop and mobile
websites and web applications
- Understand cross-browser and
cross-platform compatibility and quirks
- Develop standards, methodology and
- Provide oversight and critique during
- Map out the development approach for
- Explore industry trends to share with
- Mentor and lead a team of junior
- Work closely with Client representatives throughout a project to
refine deliverables and meet expectations.
- Provide overview of FED group mission and typical project work to
both prospective and signed Clients using RFPs and kickoff sessions.
- Contribute to scoping and project estimation efforts.
- Assist in the development of standards, methodologies and
repeatable processes for delivery of creative services
- Minimum five years experience working
at an advertising, design, or consulting agency
- Bachelor’s (Master’s a plus) degree
in Computer Science / Marketing / Advertising / Interactive Design /
Graphic Design or equivalent experience
- Experience leading the execution of
large scale website launches
- Ability to solve complex development
problems and efficiently develop practical, forward-thinking,
- Solid understanding of W3C and
- Process-oriented with ability to work
with different UI materials and rapid prototyping
- Strong communications and
organizational skills with an ability to thrive in a fast-paced production
- HTML, XHTML, HTML5, CSS, Web graphic
- Adobe CS production suite (Photoshop,
6+, Firefox, Safari and Chrome Browsers on Mac and PC
be helpful if you knew a thing or two about:
- iOS / Android / Blackberry app
- Flash / ActionScript / Flex
but what’s the actual team and culture like over there?
- There’s a reason the happy hour for
the entire Chicago office is called the “FED Workshop”.
- Be warned. The FED Team has an odd
obsession with cats. All the FPO images we use are cat pictures. Cat memes
are shared frequently (read: all the time). Whenever we give internal
presentations? You guessed it: cat-themed PowerPoints.
with great benefits and bonus opportunities.
must possess work authorization which does not require sponsorship by the
employer for a visa.
To apply: Visit our Careers Site at this URL, http://www.acquitygroup.com/Careers/Front-End-Development-Manager/, and submit your resume and contact info there. Be sure to mention that you found us through 37signals too. We look forward to hearing from you. Cheers.
View full post on Recent Programming Jobs
338 total views, 1 today