Location: Fort Lauderdale, FL
The DOT is a position of leadership and accountability. The DOT’s main function is to head up the development team and oversee all projects from a technical perspective including development plan and task list, delegate tasks, ensure tasks are completed on time and with the highest quality and best coding practices.
The DOT manages the Associate Directors of Technology and works alongside Engagement Managers to gather business requirements from the client and provide accurate status reports throughout the project lifecycle. This role mitigates risk and troubleshoots code with the Tech team as needed. The DOT’s main goal is to make great work and grow a great team.
This role is a trusted adviser to the Engineering team, providing them with leadership in terms of project planning, task assignment and review, as well as hands-on troubleshooting and assistance. Holds team members accountable for their work and ensures it is completed at the highest level.
This person is a leader in every sense of the word. S/he does not get discouraged with client feedback and provides the team with positive guidance, always leading by example. Externally, this position works through technical issues with clients along with the Engagement Manager. S/he can maintain relationships with vendors and platforms to troubleshoot code or discuss new technologies.
- Technology portion of projects are delivered on time and on budget
- Code should be personally QA-ed and delivered on time
- Positive tone during team and client meetings, fostering an environment of collaboration
- Implement and/or revise processes as new technology evolves. This may include staying current with relevant SDKs, APIs, platforms, services and products.
- Time estimates are accurate to within 15%
- Technology team’s code has minimal bugs and delivered on time
- Provide daily reports of coding progress to EMs / VP Technology, including accomplishments and risks. Review weekly status reports to ensure accuracy.
- Write thoughtful and detailed functional spec documentation and provide project plan for build
- Quarterly check-ins with Engineers to review personal and team progress
- Mentor and Elevate technology team when issues arise
- Ensure team is growing, evolving and has a sense personal satisfaction
- Keep an active profile in the tech community and industry conferences
To apply: firstname.lastname@example.org
View full post on Recent Programming Jobs
146 total views, 1 today