Location: New York City
With at least 4 years experience you will design, advise and maintain websites, emails, animated Flash/GIF banners and digital assets for aka and its clients. You will contribute towards the achievement of client satisfaction and departmental business objectives.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities of Designer
Technology: This job requires excellent design and creative skills, proficiency with HTML, HTML 5, XML,CSS, PHP, Flash, Java Script, MySQL and experience of working with WordPress.
Living the Values: All members of staff are expected to make a shared commitment to understand, support, and model the agency values and to demonstrate application of the values in their daily work. The aka values are Client Centricity, Empowerment, Passion, Teamwork, Creativity and Accountability.
Clients & Partnership delivery:
Responsible for designing and amending small- and large-scale digital initiatives, such as websites, emails and rich media banners
Working with Client Services and the Digital team to plan and create effective digital marketing creative for client campaigns and aka
- Experience in laying out wireframe and designing websites from wireframes.
- The role has responsibility for prioritizing work, complex problem solving & delivering a satisfactory & creative solution.
- Use a high degree of technical & professional judgement in order to resolve design & technical challenges.
- Excellent attention to detail with technical and creative principles.
- Excellent knowledge of the Adobe Flash CS5 Professional environment.
- Excellent knowledge and experience of animation principles using Flash.
- Experienced in ActionScript 2.0 and 3.0
- Excellent knowledge and proven experience of rich media platforms.
- Experience of designing/building mobile websites
- Design and create visuals to maximize creativity, clarity & ease of use for the target audience in full collaboration with the brand guardians.
- Test websites, emails and banners and work with the team to fix design errors.
- Deliver work in a timely fashion to agreed timelines where appropriate.
- Maintain an EXCELLENT understanding of existing and emerging Internet technologies
- Works effectively with others and contributes to team success
- Reports regularly to the Digital Project Manager and Creative Director on client and team activity.
- Has a thorough awareness and understanding of departmental objectives.
- Influences the improvement of systems and process within the department.
- Responsible for ensuring digital activity is completed inaccordance with the clients’ budgets.
- Contributes to departmental rate cards and overall profitability.
- Works with the Creative Director and Head of Digital to develop new revenue generating initiatives, ie ideas
- Represents the agency with clients, and represents the agency at Digital invite events.
- Strives to ensure clients and partners perceive aka as leaders in the industry.
- Maintains awareness of up-coming potential new technologies and tools from both existing and new sources to maximise Digital’s capabilities.
- Contributes to and assists in the presentation of pitches for new business as required.
A 360°integrated marketing and media agency, dedicated to smart thinking, strategic planning and selling tickets! With offices in the US, UK and Australia, aka has provided innovative media and marketing solutions to the theater and live entertainment industry since 1995. The global team has grown to over 150 of the industry’s best minds, delivering effective and innovative theatrical marketing, sales and advertising solutions around the world. Our international client base reflects an exciting cross-section of the arts and entertainment industry worldwide, representing prestigious UK companies such as The Old Vic Theatre Company, The National Theatre and The Royal Shakespeare Company, in addition to award-winning plays and musicals such as Billy Elliot the Musical (London, Australia, US), Hairspray (London, Australia), Jersey Boys (London), Shrek (London), Jerusalem (London, US), Rock of Ages (US, London) and War Horse (London).
aka NYC was established in 2008 in response to our clients’ requests for integrated campaign strategy and fulfillment on Broadway productions being handled by multiple agencies. In summer 2010, we expanded our offering to that of a full-service agency delivering effective solutions across media, marketing, partnerships, digital, creative, box office and ticketing and campaign management. The office is headed up by three managing partners who oversee a team of experienced, dynamic and passionate Broadway professionals.
Our current, recent and upcoming US projects include: Billy Elliot the Musical, A Little Night Music, Memphis, In the Heights, West Side Story, Rock of Ages, Time Stands Still, Fela, God Of Carnage, Shakespeare’s Globe Theatre, Time Stands Still, Sister Act, The Book of Mormon, Wonderland, Leap of Faith, Elf, Jerusalem, Arcadia, The Mother Fucker with the Hat, The House of Blue Leaves, Private Lives, Stick Fly and Afraid of the Dark.
We are a results driven organization that specializes in creating innovative, client specific marketing and promotional strategies. Our team carefully constructs and manages all the elements of a campaign to maximize exposure and sales. We are passionate, creative, dedicated and experienced. Our unique, integrated and sales-focused approach enables us to deliver more effective work across all departments, provide greater value to the client and, most importantly, sell more tickets!
To apply: Send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
View full post on Recent Design Jobs
177 total views, 1 today