Location: Ridge, NY
The American Physical Society, a leading publisher of scientific journals, based in Suffolk County, LI, (LIE exit 68 – near Brookhaven National Laboratory) seeks a software developer. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a small team that is responsible for building dynamic web applications for scholarly publishing. The developer is expected to have a strong web development background with the ability to work across all tiers of an application (backend, front-end, API layer, etc.).
* Experience with full lifecycle development in a modern dynamic language (Ruby, Python).
* Ability to create modular, object oriented code that is clear, maintainable and utilizes design patterns and other best practices.
* Strong unix skills (Linux/FreeBSD/Mac OS X preferred).
* Strong data modeling and database skills including experience with an RDBMS (MySQL preferred) as well as NoSQL data stores (MongoDB, Redis, Riak, HBase, etc.).
* Experience with agile development methodologies including rapid prototyping, test driven development (TDD, BDD), continuous integration, etc.
* Experience building dynamic websites with frameworks such as Rails, sinatra, Django, etc.
* Experience designing and implementing API’s and service components using REST, RPC, messaging, etc.
* Experience configuring web servers and application deployment environments (Apache httpd, nginx, Tomcat, Capistrano, etc.).
* Knowledge of HTML/CSS templating with HAML, Compass/SASS, Less, or similar frameworks.
* Experience with XML, XSLT, XPath.
* Experience Hadoop and related technologies (HBase, Pig, Hive, Flume, etc.).
* Some experience with semantic web standards and related tools.
* Experience with a variety of programming languages and methods, e.g. java, lisp.
You must have excellent English communication skills, be a team player and be results oriented. We provide an outstanding benefits package, job stability, and the opportunity to use all the latest and greatest technologies. Check out our website: www.aps.org
If possible, please also provide code samples and URL’s of previous applications you’ve developed. Candidates who provide links to their GitHub profiles or personal websites with technical articles and/or code samples will receive priority.
American Physical Society
One Research Road
Ridge, NY 11961
To apply: To apply please send your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
If possible, please also provide code samples and URL’s of previous applications you’ve developed. Candidates who provide links to their GitHub profiles or personal websites with technical articles and
View full post on Recent Design Jobs
317 total views, 1 today