American Roamer: Brilliant Software Engineer
Location: Memphis, TN
for a brilliant, pragmatic, practical software
engineer that works well in an agile environment and loves a good
- Have a passion for technology?
- Work well with people and enjoy teams?
- Pick up new programming languages and technology quickly?
- Take criticism well and enjoy creating a positive feedback loop with your team members?
- Have an eye for good design? Does it make you mad when things are poorly engineered or just plain ugly?
- Have the ability to clearly and concisely communicate verbally and in writing?
- Have an enterprising spirit and like working for a small company?
leaning towards web development. We understand that if you’re smart,
you can pick up anything, so we aren’t going to bother listing out
a bunch of requirements, but we will tell you what you’re going to be
- Ruby and Rails development. We love
cutting-edge technology and this is the “IT” technology for web
application development. We love the MVC pattern and slick AJAX interfaces.
- Rack web services. Our application is backed by lots of these little things.
- PostgreSQL. Our database technology of choice. You will be designing schemas, building ETL scripts, and vigorously defending your latest and greatest optimization scheme.
- GIS. We do a bunch of stuff with maps. You will be getting into this as well.
- Git. You should be familiar with source control methodology.
- Linux in the cloud. We use EC2 and we love it.
great and all, but what’s the catch?
- You may have an issue with our notoriously friendly atmosphere.
- You’ll moan and groan as your desk is generously equipped with a brand-new
- workstation with dual screens, multiple cores, and gigs of RAM.
- You might have to deal with the stability and security of working for a profitable company that’s been around since 1988.
- You’ll have to endure the medical, dental, and disability insurance.
- You might have to sock some money away in your 401k.
- Above all, you have to have a positive attitude and a sense of humor.
To apply: Send a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
View full post on Recent Programming Jobs
235 total views, 1 today