Ancestry.com: Senior Interaction Designer
Location: Provo, UT
SENIOR INTERACTION DESIGNER
Ancestry.com is the world’s largest online resource for family history. We have helped pioneer the market for online family history research, taking a pursuit that was expensive and time-consuming and making it easy, affordable and accessible to anyone with an interest in their family history. The foundation of our service is an extensive collection of billions of historical records that we have digitized, indexed and put online over the past 13 years. These digital records and documents, combined with our proprietary online search technologies, tools and collaboration features, have enabled our more than one million subscribers to create nearly 20 million family trees that contain nearly 2.0 billion profiles, and make meaningful discoveries about the lives of their ancestors.
With employees around the world,we are committed to hiring the very best talent. We are known for our cutting-edge technology, phenomenal innovation, and we offer a compelling and rewarding workplace where you will thrive. We seek out passionate people to join our mission of helping people discover, preserve and share their family history. We invite you to explore and discover the many opportunities that await you at Ancestry.com.
Ancestry.com, the world’s largest online family history resource, is looking for a Senior Interaction Designer to become an integral leader within our User Experience team in San Francisco or Provo.
You will help define, create and continually evolve high-quality user experience on Ancestry.com. You’ll be responsible for all phases of user experience design, from concept to on-going maintenance, ensuring that design and interaction meet the business, customer and technical requirements. And you’ll help shape the future of the Ancestry.com brand.
You are a creative leader with great problem-solving skills, as well as excellent visual design, written and oral communication abilities.
Key Responsibilities / Performance Requirements:
- Lead projects through the proactive development of UI deliverables (taskflows, wireframes, prototypes, annotated mocks, etc.).
- Apply your knowledge of usability, human factors and UI processes to create innovative user experiences.
- Lead the gathering of data from multiple sources (i.e., product requirements, technical constraints, user research and web analytics) and synthesize it to develop efficient user scenarios, navigation systems, design patterns, etc.
- Assist other team members development and performance pre- and post-development usability testing to validate business needs and user goals.
- Actively lead in the development and implementation of improved processes; mentor others in the application of industry best practices.
- Create, maintain and share project documentation (Design Standards/ Interaction Patterns) alongside project execution.
- Work with Product / Quality Assurance stakeholders to ensure that new features are implemented according to specifications.
- At least 3 years of relevant industry experience designing for consumer-focused online interaction.
- Degree in Human Computer Interaction, Graphic Design or related discipline.
- Expertise in the use of design and prototyping tools to craft great user experiences.
- A thorough understanding of design and typography principles and strong visual design.
- Strong communication, interpersonal skills working with remote teams.
- Some travel required.
Working for Ancestry.com
Ancestry.com is a profitable, growing company with a positive, high-energy environment. Together, our dedicated teams are harnessing the power of technology and using it to simplify the way people connect with their families and their unique legacies. Our work environment is fast-paced and challenging, but also extremely exciting. You’ll work with a team of passionate, engaged individuals. We offer excellent benefits and a competitive compensation package. For additional information, regarding our benefits and career information, please visit our website at http://ancestry.com/careers.
Ancestry.com Inc. is interested in you and we are dedicated to building a diverse workforce with equal opportunities for employment.
View full post on Recent Design Jobs
192 total views, 1 today