Angie’s List: Software Engineer
Location: Indianapolis, IN
- Interface with users and stakeholders in order to determine needs. Examine and make recommendations of new technologies and methodologies.
- Modify existing software to correct errors, to adapt it to new hardware or to upgrade interfaces and improve performance.
- Write and code new software.
- Advise users about, or perform maintenance of software system.
- Analyze information to determine, recommend and plan installation of a new system or modification of an existing system.
- Consult with other departments and functions on project status, proposals and technical issues such as software system design and maintenance.
- Coordinate installation of software.
- Prepare reports and correspondence concerning project specifications, activities and status.
- Analyze user needs and software requirements to determine feasibility of design within time and cost constraints.
- Additional responsibilities as assigned.
- Possession of an undergraduate degree in computer information technology, computer engineering, or related degree.
- 2-10 years experience in software engineering or developing.
- Advanced technical knowledge in programming and full life cycle application development.
- Knowledge of mathematics and statistics.
- Knowledge of software development and project management processes.
- Knowledge of modeling, simulation, testing, quality assurance, usability, automation and coding.
- Skills in coordinating activities, active listening, and monitoring performance.
- Skills in complex problem solving, judgment, critical thinking and decision making.
- Skills in general office software (ex: MS Office), email, spreadsheets, image editing, calendars, phone systems and more.
- Ability to communicate effectively via multiple channels (verbal, written, etc) with technical and non-technical staff.
- Ability to be versatile and handle multiple projects and re-prioritizations.
- Ability to organize information and have attention to detail and accurately follow procedures.
- Ability to maintain self motivation and to work independently and in team environments.
- Ability to piece together conclusions and apply rules to produce answers that make sense.
- Ability to work with outside vendors and individuals in a professional manner.
- Ability to sit the entire work day viewing a computer monitor.
To apply: To be considered, all applicants must apply on our careers website at: http://angieslist.myexacthire.com/.
View full post on Recent Programming Jobs
212 total views, 1 today