Location: New York, NY
Animoto is looking for someone to lead and grow the newly formed Apps Team. Animoto is a natural fit for various mobile devices and platforms (e.g. iPhone, Android, Facebook). In fact, we believe every screen deserves Animoto. We are making a big commitment to building a suite of applications upon our award-winning platform, and the Apps Lead will play a crucial role in making this happen. This person will help us think through how to architect the apps and their supporting services to scale with heavy usage, how to reuse technology while still taking advantage of each platform’s strengths, how to quickly prototype new ideas in the wild, etc. Lots of fun problems. And this person will be an expert at inspiring their team and helping each engineer do their best work. This role will involve significant coding early on and likely transition to more management and leadership as the team grows.
The position is based at our New York City headquarters and reports to the Director of Engineering.
- Lead the architecture of Animoto applications and their supporting services with an eye for scalability, maintenance and time to market
- Build, manage, and mentor a world-class engineering team
- Manage the team’s execution of project plans, ensuring the product is solid and shipped on time
- Computer Science degree or equivalent work experience
- Significant experience both developing software and in software management
- Strong track record managing high-performance development teams and consistently shipping great product
- Expert in development best practices across the entire product development life cycle
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Can explain malloc() to the Golden Girls
- Experience developing mobile applications (e.g. iOS, Android) strongly preferred
To apply: Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
View full post on Recent Programming Jobs
240 total views, 1 today