Location: Cupertino, CA
Are you a DevOps/Release/QA Automation Engineer who will help our team do more releases more often with less risk?
Developer Publications Engineering Team is responsible for the software
used to write, build, and deliver all the developer documentation for
iOS, Mac OS X, Safari, and iAd. We do over 100 significant documentation
releases each year and numerous internal releases of tools for writers,
editors, and designers.
Major current projects include:
Improving our release processes (we do over 100 releases/year of
documentation for developers, and numerous release of internal
* Replacing a Perl-based Content Management System
with an entirely new one written in Ruby (modular, distributed, with
excellent test coverage.)
JOB DESCRIPTION & RESPONSIBILITIES
On time and accurate delivery of our built products often with short notice and quickly changing requirements.
Collaborate with software developers to establish and drive operational acceptance criteria for new projects and features.
across the team to increase quality and adaptability, reduce risk, and
reduce effort for release and operational tasks. An interest in agile
practices is helpful.
Maintain a stable environment in which innovation and productivity flourish.
this position does not involve traditional on-call 24×7 availability if
a server goes down or a critical service stops working, it needs to be
TECHNOLOGIES IN USE
with some Perl, Python, and PHP. Version control is SVN for older
projects, Git for new projects. MySQL is our primary SQL database.
Servers are running Mac OS X.
* Knowledge and experience of build & release automation.
* Knowledge and experience of operational monitoring systems.
* Knowledge and experience of configuration management (we currently have no formal CM systems in place.)
* Demonstrated history of seeking out and bringing in new ideas.
* Remains calm and effective in the face of unexpected change.
* Unix system administration
* Enthusiasm for collaborative, iterative development.
* Ability to design and implement robust and maintainable utilities.
* Familiarity with DevOps approaches and methodologies.
* Experience developing automated acceptance tests.
* Apache web server advanced configuration.
* Experience with continuous integration systems (we use buildbot).
* Experience with Opscode Chef and/or other automated deployment tools.
* History of active participation in Open Source projects. (Tell us your github URL!)
* Experience with MySQL and/or PostgreSQL.
To apply: Apple online at:
View full post on Recent Programming Jobs
318 total views, 2 today