Arc90: Back-end Developer
Location: New York, NY
- Are a smart, motivated, focused person who enjoys crafting great software.
- When building software, you tend to have the user’s experience in mind.
- Have a strong understanding of PHP, Python or Java.
- Have a strong understanding of MySQL.
- Have a broad range of interests when it comes to development.
- Have a bias towards shipping software. You understand technical debt and why it is sometimes necessary.
- Have an in–depth understanding of programming as a craft. This doesn’t necessarily mean a BS in Computer Science or anything, but if you’ve got one, great.
- Are either in or moving to NYC (preferred), or are in the Americas and particularly great at working remotely. If you’re living in the United States, you are qualified to work here without sponsorship. (Sorry, we can’t currently sponsor H1–B candidates.)
- Are a good communicator and enjoy working with a team of smart folks. If you’re a cowboy coder, look elsewhere.
- Have experience developing with MVC architecture.
- Understand and enjoy HTTP and RESTful web applications.
- Have experience developing an API and working with APIs.
- Have experience scaling websites.
- Have experience with automated testing.
To apply: To apply, you must:
Write a winning cover letter.
Attach a resume with links to projects you’ve worked on.
Attach some code samples.
View full post on Recent Programming Jobs
181 total views, 1 today