Location: Lemont, IL (Southwest Suburb of Chicago)
Website Specialist – AES Division
Argonne National Laboratory
Southwest Suburbs of Chicago, Illinois
Argonne is a Department of Energy national laboratory with over 1,500 scientists and engineers performing world-class research aimed at solving the nation’s energy, environmental and security challenges.
In this position, you will provide conceptual leadership, technical direction, management and organization for the Advanced Photon Source (APS) Web sites. This involves working with the scientific, engineering, business and computing groups on the daily operations, content development, and enhancements of all APS web pages. Ensure that all APS web pages have a consistent look and feel by establishing standards and guidelines for APS divisions and groups. Develop and maintain a strategic plan for APS`s internet presence based on Argonne and APS policy and management goals.
We are searching for an individual with:
· Considerable interpersonal skills.
· Considerable skill and experience using a number of Web development tool kits.
· Considerable knowledge of and skill in scripting languages used for Web development.
· Considerable skill in working with various web graphics formats.
· Considerable knowledge of recent advances in computer and networking systems, to include a thorough understanding of software infrastructures.
· Good knowledge of web server administration.
· Good ability to troubleshoot, diagnose, correct or work around computer and communications network problems or failures.
· Good skill with programming languages and interpreting technical information into automated processes.
· Good skill with systems analysis and design techniques.
To be considered you must have:
· Ph.D. and 0-1 year experience/equivalent, Master’s Degree and 2-3 years of experience/equivalent, or Bachelor’s Degree and 6-8 years experience/equivalent.
· Strong knowledge of the Oracle`s Universal Content Management System.
· High proficiency in web site design and graphics layout is essential.
· Strong knowledge of various Web programming languages particularly HTML and Java as well as their constraints on particular browsers and platforms.
· Strong knowledge of Apache and Sun web servers.
Argonne is located 25 miles southwest of Chicago on a beautiful 1,500-acre campus.
Argonne is an equal opportunity employer; we value diversity in our workforce.
To apply: For consideration, please apply via our website at: http://www.anl.gov/jobsearch/detail.jsp?userreqid=318264+AES&lsBrowse=THISWEEK
View full post on Recent Design Jobs
302 total views, 1 today