Location: Brooklyn, NY
Art House Co-op creates international art projects that tens of thousands of people participate in. Our bread and butter is the Sketchbook Project, where we send out blank sketchbooks to participants who fill them up based on an array of themes. We then take the books on tour around the country to various galleries and then finally catalog the books into the Brooklyn Art Library, our storefront in Williamsburg.
So, that’s us. Now let’s talk about you.
We’re looking for a Ruby on Rails developer. This entire time I’ve been the sole developer and designer of the website and brand. With our growth in the past couple of months, I can’t handle it alone anymore. You’ll be leading the development on a new website and a few other projects and I’ll focus on the UI and design. I think we’ll make a swell team.
Here’s some things about you that would be great:
- You have a programming background and have at least a couple of years of both Ruby and Rails experience.
- You are familiar with working on a high traffic project and understand the need for caching and other methods to keep the site running smoothly.
- You’re an excellent coder and problem solver.
- Git/version control is second nature to you.
- The idea of writing tests gets you giddy with excitement (okay, not really, but you still write them).
- You don’t have to be a sysadmin, but you know your way around linux and know how to keep it nice and shiny.
- You have some design/UI sense (or can at least appreciate design aesthetics)
We’re looking to contract someone for 3-4 months and work alongside me on a few projects. You’d preferably be working at our office with us around 30-40 hours a week. At the end of the projects, we’ll figure out where to take it from there.
To apply: Please send an email with a link to a few projects you’ve worked on in the past or a resume that talks about what was involved in past projects to firstname.lastname@example.org. We really just want to try to get a feel for your personality and your programming c
View full post on Recent Programming Jobs
188 total views, 1 today