Location: San Francisco, CA, USA
At Asana we are building collaborative task and project management software in an effort to reimagine the way people manage their daily lives. As knowledge workers, we and our loved ones spend most of our time living in programs (email, calendar, document editors, etc.) that help us move and manage data. This is your opportunity to make that environment better, more usable, and more humane.
We have a new approach to getting things done and are looking to grow our design team. We’re seeking seasoned designers with a desire to address the challenges of people living and working together effectively, as well as to simultaneously push the limits of what’s possible in designing rich web applications.
Asana recognizes the critical role of design as an equal partner to coding in the creation of high-quality software, and our engineering team works very closely with design to realize the best user experience possible. As part of our small team, you’ll be involved in all aspects of features design, from talking to customers to putting the final touches of visual design on the working feature.
- Strong portfolio including complicated workflows, bonus points for visual design
- Experience with the iterative design process, incorporating feedback and testing hypotheses
- Skill and passion for all portions of the design spectrum (information architecture, interaction design, graphic design)
- Deep intuition for usability, but a willingness to let go of your instincts when proven incorrect
- Clear communicator with the ability to tell a story and build consensus around it
- Ability to hand-code HTML/CSS with ease
- Interest in visual arts outside of UI design
- Experience conducting usability studies
- Interest in ethnography
- Software engineering experience
In addition to the above role-specific requirements, we have expectations that apply to all of our team members.
- Deep care about users and the user experience
- Fearlessness working outside your comfort zone
- Love of work as an end in itself, not just as a means toward an end
- Ability to admit when wrong
- Patience with others
- Impatience with technology
- Meta skills
- Obsessed with systems for personal and productivity
- Renaissance person who can wear many hats
- Intellectual breadth, beyond software
- Entrepreneurial (we hope Asana will serve as a first-class entrepreneur apprenticeship program)
- Many people would describe you as the best coder/designer/businessperson they know
- Sense of humor
We are passionate about changing the world through great software, and are looking for exceptional people to join us. We’re taking an unusual approach to building the company: assemble a relatively small, tightly knit collective of extraordinarily talented peers, while pursuing impact and revenue goals typically associated with large hierarchical enterprises. By keeping the company small, communication overhead costs are reduced, individual contributors can have greater ownership and input into decisions than is possible in traditionally-structured corporations, and life is generally more pleasant.
We aim (to paraphrase Masaru Ibuka) to “establish a place of work where creators can feel the joy of technological innovation, be aware of their mission to society, and work to their hearts’ content.” You should be ready to make Asana a primary focus of your life. We will be working together, eating together, and playing together, so you must be in or willing to relocate to the Bay Area to work in San Francisco. (We will help cover moving costs.)
To apply: Please include your portfolio with resume submission to firstname.lastname@example.org
View full post on Recent Design Jobs
303 total views, 1 today