Location: Burlington, MA
Join the team that is redefining the educational software experience. At Ascend Learning, we’re creating software that’s customer driven, agile developed, and user experience tested; help us create a software experience that transcends traditional education software and improves both knowledge and behavior.
As a member of our team, you will be helping to build a career-focused suite of integrated web products designed to develop the highest quality students and allied health practitioners in the world. We believe investing in the development of the practitioner through high-quality, personalized education and skill development is the most effective way to improve student and patient outcomes and reduce institutional cost.
We are seeking a Ruby on Rails developer with experience in big data to build a platform that efficiently processes, analyzes, manages, and accesses multiple aspects of student usage and performance. You’ll work in an open concept workspace with high collaboration, active conversation, friendly colleagues, and constant communication with key stakeholders.
We’re committed to changing education and health care to meet the needs of society in the information age; our software shares information that empowers practitioners and organizations to make positive decisions.
Join us. Make a difference. Change the world.
- Actively engage in an agile development organization with a culture of open and direct communication
- Pair programming with other highly skilled developers in a continuous integration and test-driven development environment
- Work and interact cross-functionally with other team members including quality assurance, product management, and business analysts
- Design and develop with a focus on reliability, scalability, and performance
- Exhibit a strong work ethic and be able to work collaboratively under critical time frames
- Use lean methodologies to develop the minimum viable product and bring it rapidly to market
Skills and Experience:
- 2–5 years of experience with web application development with a focus on big data
- A disruptive attitude towards technology innovation
- A BS in computer science or equivalent field
- Code samples that illustrate your relevant experience
- Ability to cross-train across the entire application (database, business logic, and front-end)
- Experience with start-up companies, lean development, and kanban methodologies a plus
To apply: KIndly apply online at ascendlearning.com/careers
View full post on Recent Programming Jobs
552 total views, 1 today