athenahealth: Senior User Experience Designer
Location: Watertown, MA (5 miles from Boston)
- Deeply understand target users’ needs, motivations and behaviors in delivering and coordinating health care.
- Work mainly on consumer (patient) facing Web UI to enable patients to manage their health care through a patient portal
- Work with development, program management and usability to translate high-level business goals into actionable requirements for a series of short sprints, each one resulting in a client-facing release.
- Rapidly and collaboratively devise design approaches that balance time and technical constraints with users’ needs for efficient interactions in their critical tasks. Incorporate usability research and assessment findings into in-flight designs. Incorporate services into proposed solutions effectively.
- Produce design artifacts such as sketches, wireframes, interaction flows, prototypes, and mocks as needed to support brisk, productive cross-functional exploration, prioritization and usability assessments
- Articulate design drivers effectively. Recognize the best design ideas and be willing to modify your approach for the best overall project outcome. Prioritize concerns and advocate for solutions according to their importance in delivering users’ success, focusing most energy on the most critical tasks and workflows.
- Build effective, collaborative working relationships with program strategy, program management and development.
- Shift easily among projects in a variety of size and scope, from single widgets to stand-alone features.
- At least 5 years experience as a professional user experience designer, interaction designer, information architect or a similar role
- Outstanding portfolio showing hands-on UX track record: sample artifacts with a discussion of business challenges, constraints, and achievements
- Experience in designing web-based applications for complex enterprise needs
- Ability to guide complex features from initial concept to production and post-launch evaluation
- Experience with both structured and agile development processes
- Current knowledge of web technologies, tools and trends
- Ability to create high-fidelity prototypes (HTML and CSS) to rapidly explore ideas and complex interactions in the context of the overall product
- Track record as a team player who knows how to work with diverse stakeholders and world-class developers
- Ability to work proactively, with limited direction, and manage projects under tight deadlines in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment
- Excellent visualization skills with the ability to articulate concepts
- Knowledge of /experience in healthcare industry a plus
- BA/BS required, with focus in Human Computer Interaction, Cognitive Psychology, Interaction Design, or Graphic Design preferred. Masters degree a plus
To apply: Please apply via the careers section on the athenahealth website
View full post on Recent Design Jobs
249 total views, 1 today