Atlassian: IT Hosted Operations Engineer – Contract
Location: San Francisco/Sydney/Amsterdam
- Love a rapid rate of change (with obsessive-compulsive attention to reliability)?
- Love the idea of working on high scale web operations?
- Want to work in a comfortable, casual environment with other smart people?
If so, Atlassian is the place for you!
everyday. We are building a different kind of software company — one
that listens to client needs, values innovation and solves customer
problems with brilliant simplicity. We are not your typical company and
proud of it!
What You’ll Do
- Respond to system alerts, prioritising and resolving incidents to restore service to maximise availability
- Analyse, troubleshoot, diagnose, and perform root-cause analysis of incidents in a global team
- Create and tune monitoring systems
- Create procedures to ensure service stability, including writing scripts
- Collate incidents into bug reports
- Liaise with other Atlassian teams
- Make a difference
- Ability to administer Linux production servers (Centos, Debian, Redhat)
- Understanding of Java specific performance issues and their resolution. E.g. garbage collection issues, heap sizing
- Ability to write in one or more scripting languages such as: BASH, Perl, Python, or Ruby
- Able to perform monitoring and
metrics analysis of production servers using common monitoring tools.
E.g. Nagios, Cacti, Ganglia, Hyperic or others
- This position includes some weekend shifts
Highly Desirable Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent demonstrated experience
- 3-5 years experience in system administration, development, or IT support
- Experience with java/J2EE, either programming or administration
- Analytical and systematic approach to problem solving
- The role is in a new team and rapidly changing product environment, so flexibility and initiative will be highly regarded
- Having ever been on call
- Tools development experience
- Scalable web operations experience
- Knowledge of DevOps practices
- Mention the word ‘Kangaroo’ in your application
To apply: Apply via our Website: http://www.atlassian.com/about/careers/listing.jsp?jobID=186#sf_jobs
View full post on Recent Programming Jobs
241 total views, 1 today