BackChannelMedia: Ruby Developer
Location: Boston, MA
- Using Ruby on Rails, develop backend code for Backchannelmedia systems that satisfy business requirements using appropriate tools.
- Maintains and modifies existing applications independently as well as under the direction from senior staff members.
- Performs maintenance programming for existing software versions as well as custom programming as required.
- Assumes responsibility for ongoing data architect for Backchannelmedia’s systems.
- Ability to effectively communicate technical concepts to other technical and non-technical staff members.
- Ability to use open source software such as Apache, Git, Ruby on Rails, PostgreSQL.
- A solid working knowledge of *NIX. Knowledge of web programming using either Ruby, PHP, Perl, Java, or other languages.
- Good knowledge of SQL such as joins, aggregates, stored procedures, and data normalization.
- BS/BA in Computer Science or related field.
- Minimum three (3) years experience as Software Developer.
- Competitive starting salary; depending on experience.
- Competitive Health
- Dental Plan
- Holiday Pay
- Commuter Benefits
- Flexible Spending Account
- 401K Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Stock Option Plan
- Employee kitchen with free food and beverages
- Applicants must be US Citizen or hold legal premits to work in the US
- Local applicants only; relocation does not apply to this position
- This position is on-site and maintains standard office hours
- Applicants only; no recruiters please.
To apply: Contact:Wendy Duggan, VP of Human Resources
View full post on Recent Programming Jobs
225 total views, 1 today