Barnes & Noble.com : Senior Software Engineer/Architect (Java/Agile/TDD/eCommerce)
Location: New York, NY
- A progressive and established Agile/TDD environment that rewards problem solving, collaboration and innovation. Participation in code reviews and pair programming exercises.
- Work in a matrix organization with Product Verticals that are strategically aligned to our business goals. We have rapid release cycles and you’ll work side-by-side with other Engineers, Architects, Tech Leads, Agile Coach/Project Manager, Creative/User Experience Pros and QA.
- Work with world-class software engineers and problem solvers in your field with significant input on decisions regarding software design and architecture.
- You take pride in writing high quality, robust, scalable and extensible code.
- You describe yourself as “code agnostic”.
- You have a background in designing and developing high-volume, transactional systems (i.e., eCommerce or similar systems), or you have a deep desire to work in this environment and outstanding coding and problem solving skills.
- You are engaged in the Software Engineering community which may include participation in user groups, technical message boards or even authoring your own technical blog.
- You are “in your element” in a fast-paced, informal and constantly changing environment.
- You are fearless when it comes to working with new tools, languages or technical environments. You realize that it’s all problem solving and the syntax is secondary.
- You have a positive attitude, high intellectual curiosity, and a desire to contribute to the team beyond your current role.
- 6+ years of stable, professional experience in the development and implementation of Java and J2EE business applications.
- Excellent experience of Object-Oriented Design & Development web paradigms and deep experience in working with database-driven websites.
- Strong understanding of and experience working with SOA using XML Web Services.
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to provide technical guidance and mentorship to other software engineers.
- Those without specific domain knowledge, but a passion for developing elegant code, outrageous problem solving ability and a track record of success in challenging software development environments are also welcome.
- BA/BS in Computer Science or other hard science (but all majors welcome to apply). MS in Computer Science a plus.
- Experience designing and developing eCommerce solutions. Backend integration is a strong plus.
- Experience working with Open Source Software tools and products
- Past experience working with Agile teams and following agile practices of test-driven development (TDD), refactoring and continuous integration.
- Experience in dynamic language like Ruby/?Python/?Perl a plus.
- Ability to work in a fast pace and challenging environment with short release cycles.
To apply: If interested in applying, please visit our Career Center at: https://jobs-bn.icims.com/jobs/1486/job?mode=view&iis=External&iisn=37signals
View full post on Recent Programming Jobs
215 total views, 1 today