Location: Santa Monica, CA
Beachbody was founded in 1998 by Carl Daikeler and Jon Congdon. The company is based in Santa Monica, California, and is the creator of the nation’s most popular in-home fitness and weight loss solutions including P90X®, Insanity®, Brazil Butt Lift®, Slim in 6®, Turbo Jam®, Hip Hop Abs®, and Power 90® among many others. Beachbody programs combine challenging DVD-based workouts with easy-to-follow diet guidelines, nutritional supplements (including its breakthrough health shake called Shakeology®, AKA “The Healthiest Meal of the Day”), and an unparalleled customer service and peer-support system. In fact, Beachbody has expanded this support system through Team Beachbody.com, which includes a network of thousands of independent “Coach” distributors as well as a dynamic online support and fitness community. The company’s beauty business includes brands Timeless Secret™ and DermExclusive™. The corporate mission is to help people achieve their goals and enjoy healthy, fulfilling lives.
About the Job
Tasks & Activities
· Drive technology-wide platforms, decisions, and processes, as well as provide technical oversight and mentoring, and communication of technical decisions and processes.
· Work with various project methodologies, including SCRUM/Agile, RUP, and the like.
· Manage client, business, and peer expectations throughout the organization, and should have the proven ability to deliver projects successfully and on time with little oversight required.
· Constantly improve production and code quality and delivery techniques, and help adopt and standardize related processes and improve upon them.
· Develop new front-end technologies, functionality, and experiences for both planned and existing sites, and to integrate technology into these sites with a consistent focus on quality and maintainability.
· Bachelors or Master’s degree in CS, or CE, or EE, or equivalent experience.
· Expert with JSP, PHP, CFM, Ruby, or ASP (or similar OOP web scripting languages).
· Experience with template engines, such as Velocity.
· Strong experience working in various project methodologies and processes, such as Agile/SCRUM, RUP, etc.
· Expert in HTML CSS, semantic markup, and cross-browser/device development
· Strong experience in working with and consuming Web Services/APIs.
· Expert in site tuning and performance optimization (HTTP Profiling, PageSpeed, etc.), including SEO, bundling, and minification.
· Proven ability to work with and provide leadership to all members of a diverse project team, and partner with peers across the organization.
· Proven ability to lead technical projects and technical teams.
· Extensive structured programming experience.
· Experience working with Continuous Integration Servers (TeamCity, Hudson, CruiseControl, etc.).
· Experience working with build automation (ANT, MAKE, etc.) and dependency (fastdep, makedep)/configuration (chef, kconfig, puppet, etc.) management tools is a plus.
· Strong experience drafting technical requirements and specifications, based on functional requirements or pure-technical initiatives.
· 5 or more years as a Lead Developer for UI/Front End/RIA projects.
· 5 or more years of experience as a project lead/team lead.
· 4 or more years of experience designing and developing complex Front End applications.
· 4 or more years of Object Oriented programming experience.
· 4 or more years of integration and support of Analytics packages, such as Omniture.
· Expert in documenting functionality (code commit/bug comments, technical specifications, inline commenting, requirements, etc.).
· 3+ years of experience with Flash and Flex technologies, specifically including ActionScript 3.
· Experience with Video on Demand, Video Streaming, and DRM are a plus.
· 4 or more years of experience with issue tracking/project management applications (Jira, Daptiv, FogBugz, etc.).
· Expert knowledge of Web Services, XML/JSON, AJAX/RIA.
· Experience with platforms such as Liferay and MarketLive are a plus.
· Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills.
Beachbody, LLC offers a highly competitive salary, benefits, bonus potential, and the opportunity for you to help us achieve our mission which is to help people achieve their goals and enjoy a healthy, fulfilling life. Beachbody, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply: Please apply via this URL http://tinyurl.com/4jlaupf
View full post on Recent Programming Jobs
314 total views, 1 today