Location: Boston, MA
We are looking for a talented Web Software Developer to help us educate tomorrow’s music industry leaders. Join the all-star programming team for Berkleemusic.com, Berklee College of Music’s innovative award winning online music school. The Web Software Developer is responsible for building software that drives the public face of Berkleemusic.com and other Berklee Media web properties, focusing on Web 2.0 community building and engagement of prospective students, as well as developing and maintaining a robust suite of tools to support marketing’s international outreach programs. The Web Software Developer works in a diverse integrated environment of best-of-breed open source technology, including Linux, PostgreSQL, Joomla, WordPress, Ruby on Rails and Object Oriented PHP.
• BS in information technology, computer science or a related field.
• Minimum 3 years experience developing large-scale database-backed web applications using open source tools.
• Strong data modeling and query skills and ability to effectively weigh performance, extensibility, and modularity in design and execution.
• Strong organizational skills and the ability to meet deadlines, prioritize and work on multiple projects simultaneously with great efficiency and attention to detail.
• Must be a self-starter who works well with others in an unstructured, start-up like team-oriented environment.
• Experience with Ruby on Rails and PostgreSQL a plus
• Enjoys developing high-quality, reusable, and extensible web software from design, coding and testing to production and maintenance.
• Helps marketing team develop and integrate systems for community, interactive promotions, live events and targeted marketing.
• Supports design team efforts to envision an optimal user experience for new software and takes pride in its detailed implementation.
• Strengthens technology team existing software platform and the continued migration of our existing code base to Rails.
• Provides day-to-day issue resolution for Berkleemusic’s custom-developed software platform.
• Stays current with technology and researches new trends.
To apply: No recruiters please. Interested parties, please reply to email@example.com
View full post on Recent Programming Jobs
397 total views, 1 today