Location: Interaction Design Lead
Best Buy is a multinational retailer of technology and entertainment products and services with a commitment to growth and innovation. We are on the forefront of technology’s rapid advancements, we thrive on challenge and change and we empower our people to do the right thing every time. Best Buy has locations around the world including Mexico, Canada, the United Kingdom and China.
We believe that each person matters, each conversation matters and each connection matters. Community partnership is central to the way we do business. In 2010, we donated a combined $25.2 million to improve the vitality of the communities where our employees and customers live and work. We invite you to explore Best Buy where you can use the latest technology, voice your thoughts and ideas and build connections that last a lifetime.
Best Buy is looking for a Interaction Design Lead to join our Digital Experiences team. The Interaction Design Lead should have a strong understanding of the user-centered design process and be equally comfortable working independently and alongside other design team members. The ideal candidate should have 3-5 years of experience designing interfaces for mobile products and/or services and feel comfortable working in a fast-paced environment.
As a Interaction Design Lead on our Digital Experience team, you will guide the creation of product and services for iOS and Android for Best Buy. You will be responsible for creating interfaces that redefine how retailers interact with their customers. You can work in a start-up like, agile environment collaborating with a small team of interaction designers, developers, project managers and business analysts.
• Develop conceptual UI models
• Define user task and interaction flows
• Create screen-level interaction designs
• Write user interface specifications that capture proposed designs in detail
• Work with a multi-disciplinary team to evaluate the feasibility of proposed solutions
Relocation assistance available
• At least 2 or more years designing effective interfaces for mobile applications or mobile sites
• At least 3 or more years at fast paced consumer products, or technology company with experience in mobile web, mobile apps, tablet, and/or in store digital interactive experience design
• At least 4 or more years as an interaction designer, skilled in user experience, human centered design and expertise in both information architecture and visual design
• Bachelor’s Degree required, preferably in Design or Engineering
• Strong understanding of the user-centered design process
• Ability to communicate conceptual ideas and design rationale to other members of the design, development and business teams
• Working experience with appropriate design tools including Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, • OmniGraffle etc. as they relate to documenting interaction flows and screen-level features and functionality
• Focused attention to detail
• Ability to multi-task and work on several small-to-mid sized projects in parallel
• Strong written and verbal communication and problem-solving skills
• Ability to travel
• Ability to create low or high fidelity prototypes in appropriate markup language or technology
• Retail experience
• Masters’ degree in Human Centered/Interaction Design preferred
• Portfolio of work that demonstrates deep skill and results in creation of user-centered design solutions, integrated with complex and changing technologies
To apply: Please APPLY ONLINE via the given url:
View full post on Recent Design Jobs
214 total views, 1 today