Location: Minneapolis, MN
Best Buy is a multinational retailer of technology and entertainment products and services with a commitment to growth and innovation. We are on the forefront of technology’s rapid advancements, we thrive on challenge and change and we empower our people to do the right thing every time. Best Buy has locations around the world including Mexico, Canada, the United Kingdom and China.
We believe that each person matters, each conversation matters and each connection matters. Community partnership is central to the way we do business. In 2010, we donated a combined $25.2 million to improve the vitality of the communities where our employees and customers live and work. We invite you to explore Best Buy where you can use the latest technology, voice your thoughts and ideas and build connections that last a lifetime.
This opportunity offers flexibility to work remote –
Best Buy is seeking a Senior Director, Interaction Design, to build an-house team: onboard critical talents, develop new methodologies, and drive multiple projects to achieve a seamless cross-channel shopping experience. This leader will collaborate closely on broad customer experience initiatives with responsibility for developing digital experiences through a human centered approach, interaction models, user interface designs, and prototypes. Our environment is a fast paced, multi-channel retail, deeply focused on solving customer and employee problems through human-centered design. We are looking for someone with a proven track record of driving user experience strategy, building strong teams and influencing across matrix product teams, in a quick paced agile manner.
Design and Development Leadership:
Sets the vision and develops communication, implementation for user experience and associated UI frameworks and assets across mobile and tablet web and mobile apps, and defining emerging digital tools aimed at providing seamless cross channel experiences. Implements product use flows, wireframes, rapid prototyping, user interface design and specifications, storytelling methods. This leader initiates and manages all user research and testing processes critical to the digital user experience. Close coordination with Product Management Teams across all products/experiences. This position will work outside of Digital Experience Team on products across Marketing and e-Commerce teams.
Creation and development of a new Interaction Design Team:
Meet the growing demand across the enterprise for the specific expertise and skill set of interactions design by creating a high performing team, utilizing internal and external resources. Drive the development and communication of design principles, guidelines, patterns, standards, and libraries for all digital touch points. Ensure coordination across digital touch points and seamless management of product experience roadmap. Careful management and communication of variances required to maintain quality relationships with internal stakeholders
Proven leader with ability to build teams, Inspire, and work in collaborative environment:
Nurture new partnerships through engagement, training, and communication. Understand unique requirements of context, mode, and environment for digital to physical needs that solve current pain points, and offer new possibilities across the customer lifecycle. Build strong constituencies to ensure successful in digital experience delivery.
Thought leadership and awareness:
Cultivate partnerships with strategic technology providers for awareness in the latest developments and trends. Direct design team to actively research, analyze, and provide insight into latest best practices. Establish relationships with thought leaders in the UX design industry.
This opportunity offers flexibility to work remote –
- Bachelors’ Degree in Design or engineering or related field.
- 7 or more years of professional experience as an interaction designer, skilled in user experience, human centered design and expertise in both information architecture and visual design.
- Portfolio of work demonstrating a deep skill and results in creation of user-centered design solutions, integrated with complex and changing technologies.
- 5 or more years’ experience leading and guiding multi-disciplined teams in research, ideation and prototyping usability testing, and execution of consumer facing projects.
- Previous experience building and managing a team of interaction and user interface designers.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to ensure credibility with executive audiences.
- Adept in pulling together and synthesizing information, stories, and cross channel solutions based on employee, customer, and cross functional input.
- 3 or more years at fast paced consumer products, or Technology Company with experience in mobile web, mobile apps, tablet, and/or in store digital interactive experience design.
- Masters’ degree in Human Centered/Interaction Design
To apply: http://www.bestbuy-jobs.com/job/Richfield-Senior-Director%2C-Interaction-Design-%28IxD%29-%28Relocation-not-Required%29-Job-MN-55423/1844200/?utm_source=customcampaign&utm_campaign=37signalsFADV
View full post on Recent Design Jobs
484 total views, 2 today