Location: Minneapolis, MN
Best Buy is a multinational retailer of technology and entertainment products and services with a commitment to growth and innovation. We are on the forefront of technology’s rapid advancements, we thrive on challenge and change and we empower our people to do the right thing every time. Best Buy has locations around the world including Mexico, Canada, the United Kingdom and China.
We believe that each person matters, each conversation matters and each connection matters. Community partnership is central to the way we do business. In 2010, we donated a combined $25.2 million to improve the vitality of the communities where our employees and customers live and work. We invite you to explore Best Buy where you can use the latest technology, voice your thoughts and ideas and build connections that last a lifetime.
Best Buy is looking for an Interaction Design, Senior Manager to join our Digital Experiences team. The Interaction Design Senior Manager should have a strong understanding of the user-centered design process and be equally comfortable working independently and leading other design team members. The ideal candidate should have experience designing interfaces for mobile products and/or services and feel comfortable working in a fast-paced environment.
As a Interaction Design Senior Manager on our Digital Experience team, you will guide the creation of product and services for iOS and Android for Best Buy. You will be responsible for leading work to create interfaces that redefine how retailers interact with their customers. You can work in a start-up like, agile environment working closely with a team of interaction designers, developers, project managers and business analysts.
• Gather and synthesize customer, competitive and industry insights
• Lead the design of user-centered interaction models for device UI experiences, smartphone applications, and multi-channel experiences
• Identify strategic opportunities for competitive advantage based on findings
• Lead participatory design/user testing sessions and present findings and recommendations to cross-functional teams
• Lead behavioral in-context research; analyze, synthesize, and organize research data into meaningful themes, categories, and visually compelling frameworks and behavioral models
• Identify opportunities to create business value and improve the user experience, based on user research
• Lead development of personas/segmentations based on research findings; integrate personas/segmentations with related deliverables such as opportunity maps
• Drive the development of engaging scenarios and frameworks that describe key aspects of a proposed experience, and how it reconciles business and user needs
• Lead the creation of visually compelling representations of the solution’s high-level interaction, navigation, and organization design (i.e., concept models)
• Lead the development of, comprehensive sitemaps, wireframe systems, and process flows
• Work with Product Managers to set holistic vision, strategy and roadmap for channel, focusing on innovation and customer-centric strategies
• Collaborate with business partners to gain buy-in and approval of concepts
• Socialize research findings cross-company
• Regularly research and identify new opportunities to differentiate Best Buy’s offerings; managing prototyping and pilots where applicable
• Work with key partners to specify business requirements that anticipate and inform future capabilities by conducting market, retail, competitor and consumer research
Relocation Assistance Available
• At least 6 or more years as an interaction designer, skilled in user experience, human centered design and expertise in both information architecture and visual design
• At least 3 or more years at fast paced consumer products, or technology company with experience in mobile web, mobile apps, tablet, and/or in store digital interactive experience design
• Bachelors’ Degree required with degree in Design or engineering preferred
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to travel
• Masters’ degree in Human Centered/Interaction Design preferred
• Portfolio of work that demonstrates deep skill and results in creation of user-centered design solutions, integrated with complex and changing technologies
• Retail experience preferred
To apply: Please APPLY ONLINE via the given url:
View full post on Recent Design Jobs
267 total views, 1 today