Location: Toronto, Ontario
Designer/Engineer is a hybrid role that combines interaction design practices with disciplined engineering activities.
Desktop Class Web Applications are Web Apps that feel like they belong on an iPad.
- You understand the basics of Ruby on Rails best practices (You might have completed something like codeschool.com Rails Best Practices at a minimum).
- You know how to write a fairly complex SQL query.
- You check your code into git and you understand the value of social coding on GitHub.
- You’ve probably got a few open source projects or experiments up there.
- You pair program with buddies or have sat down and talked about hard problems with them before.
- You write unit tests in any language you can. You might still be frustrated because you haven’t gotten comfortable writing them first yet.
There is a spectrum of web-based software that has emerged in the last ten years. On the one side you’ve got CNN.com and on the other you have Gmail. In between is a gradient of richness which on the left is fairly static, and on the right is the desktop class. iPhoto, iTunes, Microsoft Word are some examples of desktop class applications. We believe that the Desktop Class Web Application is the best paradigm for Personal-Computer-based Web Applications. By focusing our expertise in this paradigm we are exposed to exciting challenges and unsolved problems. The added complexity of the Desktop Class Web Application needs a different type of professional: one who is equipped with both Engineering and Design skills.
Big Bang Technology was created with a founding premise that says the infrastructure enhancements available on the internet will create a digital big bang of progress and development that will completely reshape the face of computing. We think we’re just at the beginning and things are only going to get more exciting. We’re building our company around to be around for a long time. We’re going to take advantage of this wave. Our current focus is on Desktop Class Web Applications. We use cloud computing technologies and rapid development tools to make this happen. The goal isn’t to be puritans about the technologies we choose, but to choose tools which will help us learn the most as fast as possible.
We’re not interested in Rock Stars who can pull miracles out of nowhere and score the winning touchdown. We’re looking for team players who love work when they’re at work, and love something else when they’re at home.
If this sounds interesting, you should contact us because we’re probably looking for you, and you’re probably looking for us.
To apply: Send a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
View full post on Recent Programming Jobs
319 total views, 1 today