Big Human: Senior Front-End Developer with Back-end Experience
Location: New York, NY
- B.S in computer science (or if you’re a self-taught genius that’s good too).???
- 5+ years of experience.
- Thorough understanding of HTML5, CSS3, Responsive design.
- A curiosity and excitement for new web technologies / latest trends. ???
- Ability to generate pixel-perfect web pages from high fidelity mock ups created in Photoshop.
- Appreciation for design, usability, cross-browser compatibility, and accessibility concerns.
- Extensive experience in hand coding, no WYSIWYG coding.
- The ability to write standards compliant HTML & CSS with thought given to accessibility and SEO.
- Solid understanding of cross-browser/platform issues and code solutions.
- Experience using JS Frameworks (jQuery, MooTools, YUI, etc.).
- Writing well-formed, unobtrusive JS with scalability and extensibility in mind.
- Experience / familiarity with integrating major 3rd party APIs (Facebook Open Graph, Twitter, Google Maps, YouTube, Open Social, etc…).
- Some experience with server-side scripting (PHP, Java, etc…).
- Experience working with AJAX and services/ API’s to serve up dynamic and data-heavy content.
- Excellent debugging and problem solving skills (use of Firebug plug-in, Charles Web Proxy).
- Experience with source control (SVN, GitHub, or Mercurial).
- Excellent time management, problem solving, teamwork, and communication skills.
- Ability to follow technical specifications and production processes.
- Must be available to work on site.
- Experience / familiarity with one of the following CMS platforms: Drupal, Joomla, WordPress (or similar).
- Experience with mobile web development.
- Agency experience/ working with visual & UX designers.
To apply: Send an email with the subject line “Senior Developer” to email@example.com along with your resume and links of sites you’ve coded. Applications without links to work will not be considered.
View full post on Recent Programming Jobs
355 total views, 1 today