Location: New York, NY
Big Think (bigthink.com
) is an online forum where experts at the top of their fields engage with the public about the critical questions of our time. Over the past three years, we’ve published interviews with 1,500 luminaries, from Ted Kennedy and Ricky Gervais to Stephen Hawking and Jason Fried. Now, we’re crafting a series of courses based upon expert advice, which we are making available to schools and individuals alike. We’re searching for an excellent programmer to help make this evolution possible.
We’re a small team with a startup feel, but we’ve also come a long way from where we started. We’ve seen our traffic double in the past year, and were recently named one of Time Magazine’s 50 Best Websites of 2011
. As our lead in-house developer, you’ll have a hand in key strategic decisions.
- Experience with Rails, Linux, MySQL, Apache or nginx, and Git or other SCM
- Excellent communication and scheduling skills
- BS in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience
- NYC residency
Nice to have
- Experience with media queries, Jquery, and mobile web development
- An interest in design and a strong eye for detail
- An interest in content strategy and improving editorial workflow
To apply: Please send a detailed cover letter, résumé, and any appropriate links (personal website, Github or Bitbucket accounts), to firstname.lastname@example.org.
View full post on Recent Programming Jobs
163 total views, 1 today