Billups Design: Interaction Designer
Location: Chicago, IL
- each and every design you hand-craft will be treated with respect both internally and with our clients,
- you will get to work with an impressive portfolio of established and growth-phase clients and technologies,
- you will contribute insights and influence projects from creative exploration to design and/or coding,
- you will learn more advanced creative ideation, design and development techniques from colleagues,
- in addition to fostering your own good ideas, you will contribute on projects like sports/athlete mobi sites and apps, dynamic digital ad design / art direction and software (Flash is a plus here, but not req.), upscale hotel, airline and restaurant sites/apps, retail ecommerce… you won’t be bored!
- Desire to shape and influence evolving design paradigms and explore endless territory with us.
- Enjoy affecting the insights discovery process.
- Display a sophisticated knowledge of how and when to use the right design devices (e.g. color, typography, motion, texture, tension, illustration, etc.) to create gorgeous work that draws the user’s eye, increases interaction and consideration, builds brand equity and successfully meets goals.
- Fluency in Creative Suite (we’re using CS5), especially Photoshop and Illustrator, but other CS app skills will be utilized (btw, Billups Design is on the Adobe Customer Advisory Board)
- Fundamental understanding of software, including ecommerce and iOS/Android, is a plus.
- Ability to slice and mark up your designs for different devices
- Passion for creating a positive and memorable user experience
- Exposure or experience with widely used CMS. (We use Expression Engine / CodeIgniter and some WordPress, but are open to using other CMS and frameworks). We also use some mobile app frameworks like Titanium, but like to roll our own as well.
- Proficiency with assuring cross-browser/device/platform compatibility is important
- 2+ years experience
To apply: firstname.lastname@example.org
View full post on Recent Design Jobs
265 total views, 1 today