Bloomberg LP: Bloomberg Government Design and User Experience Associate
Location: Washington, D.C.
Few organizations can keep up with the fast-paced, 24/7 nature of today’s media coverage; even fewer can claim to have helped shape it. Bloomberg is the leading global provider of financial data, news and analytics. Bloomberg provides real-time and archived financial and market data, pricing, trading, news and communications tools to corporations, news organizations, financial and legal professionals and individuals around the world.
Bloomberg is creating an exciting new information product that will report on, analyze, and quantify the impact of government actions on business and industry. This new product will be marketed to government agencies including Congress, Beltway influencers (lobbyists, associations, etc.), and business leaders (C-suite executives, government sales, government affairs, etc.) in the industries that are most impacted by government actions. Bloomberg will bring the same unparalleled level of fact based, objective reporting and analysis to Washington, DC as it has provided to the financial community for the past 27 years.
Bloomberg Government UI/UX Designers will be responsible for designing, prototyping, and testing client-side applications. The designers will conceptualize solutions to interaction problems, bring enhancements and optimizations to users. The person in this role is familiar with client-side web technologies and design smartly, bringing a deep knowledge of the limitations and capabilities of modern web browsers and mobile devices to their design process. A passion for design and cutting-edge interaction should be balanced with a pragmatic approach to problem solving.
Bloomberg Government Designers will:
Work with others on the Product Development team to gather functional and user requirements to design product attributes based on customer feedback and existing competitive products
– Partner with R&D to determine feasibility and execute designs
– Assist plan and execute user interviews and usability testing to obtain a complete understanding of client responsibilities, high value workflows, and unmet needs
– A degree in either a design-related field or computer science preferred or equivalent work experience
– A minimum of 3 years of professional work experience in the design and development of database-driven web products
– A passion for transforming complex concepts into simple, intuitive and aesthetically pleasing user interfaces and experiences
– Solid visual and information design skills, along with a proficiency in Adobe CS products
– The ability build high-fidelity protoypes using XHTML/CSS/Jquery
– The ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams
– A proven history of solving problems with short cycle times
– Experience with iterative design and development methods
– Strong personal initiative, good judgment, and impeccable ethics; desire to succeed in a demanding, innovative, and entrepreneurial environment
– Experience building Government data products is a plus
– Experience in Healthcare, Energy, Transportation, Defense, or Technology is a plus
View full post on Recent Design Jobs
203 total views, 1 today