Blue State Digital: Content Strategist/Information Designer
Location: New York, NY, or Washington, DC
- Participating in a large kickoff meeting with a client.
- Brainstorming with colleagues to set creative priorities and map out a strategic plan.
- Evaluating the strengths and weaknesses of the client’s existing website using standard formal techniques (content inventories, gap analyses, competitive research, stakeholder interviews, etc.).
- Developing fresh information structures, content hierarchies, editorial formats, and calls to action for the new site.
- Creating low-fi/medium-fi wireframes that align with the client’s goals and communicate the site’s information framework to the client and to BSD’s design and production departments.
- Collaborating with other BSD departments, including design, SEO, analytics, email communications, and production, to ensure that the content plan is informed by their expertise.
- Working closely with BSD’s design and production departments to ensure successful implementation of the website.
- Participating in regular meetings or calls with the client.
- Creating assorted other deliverables as needed, including editorial memos, content matrices, user flows, best-practices docs, and experience briefs.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2-6 years of experience as a content strategist or in similar role(s)
- Express abstract concepts in concrete ways
- Create attractive, polished documents
- Communicate effectively (in writing and in conversation)
- Work independently to solve complicated content challenges
- Interact harmoniously with co-workers and clients
- Juggle multiple projects in a fast-paced, demanding environment
- Travel occasionally
- Follow directions
- A substantial introductory letter in the body of the email. Please include your desired salary range.
- A resume, either in the body of the email or as a PDF attachment (with name and “resume” in the filename).
- Optional: PDFs of a few deliverables you’ve created in the past.
To apply: Applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line "Content Strategist." Please follow the instructions above under "How to Apply."
View full post on Recent Design Jobs
344 total views, 1 today