Blue State Digital: Information Architect (Junior or Mid-level)
Location: New York, NY, or Washington, DC
- Participating in a large kickoff meeting with a client.
- Brainstorming with colleagues to set creative priorities and map out a strategic plan.
- Evaluating the strengths and weaknesses of the client’s existing website using standard techniques (content inventories, gap analyses, competitive research, stakeholder interviews, etc.).
- Developing fresh information structures, content hierarchies, editorial formats, and calls to action for the new site.
- Documenting the plans in a variety of editorial and visual formats, including sitemaps, wireframes, memos, user flows, and PPT/Keynote presentations.
- Creating low-fi/medium-fi wireframes that align with the client’s goals and communicate the site’s information framework to the client and to BSD’s design and production departments.
- Collaborating with other BSD departments, including design, SEO, analytics, email communications, and production, to ensure that the IA plan is informed by their expertise.
- Working closely with BSD’s design and production departments to ensure successful implementation of the website.
- Participating in regular meetings or calls with the client.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2-6 years of related experience
- Express abstract concepts in concrete ways
- Create attractive, polished documents
- Communicate effectively (in writing and in conversation)
- Work independently to solve complicated IA challenges
- Interact harmoniously with co-workers and clients
- Juggle multiple projects in a fast-paced, demanding environment
- Travel occasionally
- Follow directions
To apply: Please send an introductory note and a PDF of your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Subject line: "Information Architect." Optional: Include PDFs of a few deliverables you’ve created in the past. No Microsoft Word attachments.
View full post on Recent Design Jobs
304 total views, 2 today