Boston Globe Media: Digital Products Designer
Location: Boston, MA
Digital Products Designer
Boston.com and BostonGlobe.com are looking for an ambitious digital designer to join our team in our offices at The Boston Globe in Boston. We are seeking someone who can rapidly prototype and execute outstanding user experiences leading to growth in the business.
Boston.com is the website of The Boston Globe, with nearly 200 million page views, over
5 million unique users monthly and is the 7th most visited news site in the U.S. The Boston Globe and Boston.com are the dominant news sources in New England.
This position requires the ability to communicate design principles verbally and through wire frames, comps and HTML. We’re looking for a team player able to easily move across disciplines in working with journalists, developers and business professionals. This position will be part of a team of innovators building some of the most high profile and cutting edge products in the company.
• UI/UX design
• Some editorial design
• Work closely and collaboratively with colleagues in other departments, specifically tech and editorial, to make ensure seamless integration throughout the site and other digital products
• Work closely with the design director to indicate, design and help develop tools site producers can use to enhance user experience
• Work closely with the design director to define and maintain a consistency of style across the site and digital products
Qualifications and Skills
• Demonstrable experience creating with consumer-oriented, information-rich
• Highly organized individual, with close attention to detail
• Strong understanding of SEO
• An excellent eye for design. Candidates should know great web UI when they see it, and be able to explain why it’s great (even if they didn’t create it!)
• Need to be fluent in Adobe design products, specifically InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, to create wireframes and comps
• Of course, we’re looking for self-starters – candidates who can jump in quickly without a lot of direction, and learn by asking the right questions
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
Boston.com values the contribution of all its employees. We recognize their efforts by offering a competitive compensation plan plus bonus potential and an array of benefits, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k), and more. This position is covered by a union collective barging agreement.
At Boston Globe Media, we embrace diversity. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
View full post on Recent Design Jobs
301 total views, 1 today