Braintree: Ruby on Rails
Location: Chicago, Il
you $5,000 if you refer someone who is hired! Have them contact us or
send us their contact information and we will do all of the leg work.
are looking for an exceptional developer because we believe that
putting together deliberately smaller teams of all-stars is the best way
to build software. We are building interesting software in a space
without a lot of interesting software: payment solutions. We mostly work
with Rails, but we leverage other technologies appropriately. We
believe in using the best tool for the job. We value aptitude over
experience, maintainable teams and codebases, and tight feedback loops.
We prefer essence over ceremony. Our approach is to hire great
developers and place them into an environment that is conducive to
hacking and painting. This is as much an opportunity to define the team
as it is to be a part of it.
articulate, persuasive, and tech-savvy and you like to build beautiful
user interfaces on top of awesome web apps/services
- You are a
“go to” person because you’re reliable, creative, resourceful, a good
decision maker, and generally one of the most capable people your peers
- You’re accustomed to a small company environment that
includes wearing many hats and managing way too many things at any given
- Your friends and former employers would gush about you and your awesomeness
- Ruby on Rails
- Testing (TDD/BDD)
- Version control, preferably Git
- Answered questions about our API
- Received praise for quickly and clearly helping a merchant with a problem
- Written integration examples in Ruby, Python, PHP, Java, and .NET
- Defined best practices for merchants implementing payment processing logics
- Updated the Sinatra app that generates our API documented and deployed the updates to a server
- Took a break from support to pair program on gateway development
- Worked with our product manager to discuss the features that our customers most frequently request
- Resolved about 50 support tickets over the course of the month
- Explained to a merchant developer why they are seeing behavior they didn’t expect
- Debugged a snippet of code with a merchant
in our monthly retrospective, discussing what is going well, what is
going not so well, and then making concrete plans to improve
- Focused on making sure that we followed through on our plans from the last retrospective
- Started your day off with a stand-up meeting discussing progress and plans, and solving problems as a team
- Celebrated a record-breaking week of transaction processing volume
- Found and fixed a bug in our software based on a support question
- Designed a workaround for a use case that’s not yet directly supported
- Advocated for the priority of a highly requested feature
- Rearranged documentation to make the answer to a common question clearer
- Juggled a list of to do items while keeping up with incoming support tickets
- Taken the occasional incoming phone call from a developer with integration questions
- Worked with the sales team to maintain important customer relationships
- Created an example of a specific use case to share with a merchant
- Crafted a delicate response to a frustrated merchant developer
- Enjoyed congratulations from co-workers when the company gets public praise because of the support you gave
- Fit right in with everyone else who is working to thrill our customers and each other internally
- Been schooled in foosball and watched Patrick on the catwalk during the Hacker Makeover
- Been proud to be part of a company that is devoted to personal and team excellence
a payment processing company that was founded in 2007. We help online
businesses process credit card payments by providing a merchant account,
payment gateway, recurring billing and credit card storage. We’re
unlike others in the industry; we think and do things differently and
are frequently told by our customers that we’re a breath of fresh air.
We work with some of the fastest growing, most promising and well
respected technology companies in the U.S., which is quite fulfilling.
We’ve worked unbelievably hard to serve our customers and it’s paid off.
- To become the undisputed, #1 recommended payment gateway provider by software developers.
- To be recognized by our customers as the best payments provider in the industry.
- To create a work environment and culture so rewarding that we become a magnet for the most talented people.?
team is now nearly 25 strong. We’re bootstrapped, profitable and have
grown faster than we ever expected. In fact, we’ve been growing so fast
lately that we’re treading water and need more excellent people now!
??Our appealing work environment includes highly competent co-workers,
competitive pay, engaging work, casual dress, flexible schedule, full
health, vision and dental benefits, and 401k with employer match. We
have a dart board, foosball table, and bags (corn hole) in the office.
We work very hard and have a lot of fun. We thrive on doing things
better, more efficiently, and smarter. We are a flat organization. We
don’t have an employee hierarchy or official job titles (you choose your
own). We don’t have a vacation policy; we trust people to get their
work done and maintain a proper work life balance. We’re not looking for
people who want to move into management because we don’t have it.
- Self management: both hands are firmly gripped on the steering wheel
- Ownership: I’ve got it, you don’t need to think about it
- Initiative: it’s not going to happen unless I do it
- Virtue: honesty, good deeds, kindness, and appreciation
- Problem Solving: nothing that can’t be solved and improved
- Team work: we before I
- You’d feel like a fish out of water without a well defined traditional corporate structure
- You’d consider taking out the trash as being below you
- You’re accustomed to using the phrase “it’s not part of my job description”
- You have the desired experience (this is not a learn on the job position)
- You’re a doer – not a manager, a coordinator, or an idea person – but someone who loves to get stuff done, and done well
are a “go to” person because you’re reliable, creative, resourceful, a
good decision maker, and generally one of the most capable people your
- You’re accustomed to a small company environment including wearing many hats and managing way too many things at any given time
- You’re articulate, persuasive, and tech savvy (this does not mean familiarity with Microsoft Office)
To apply: If you would, please follow the instructions below when submitting your resume:
• Please include “Role/Title (your name)” in the subject header
• What attracted you to this position?
• Why are you looking to change jobs? If unemployed,
View full post on Recent Programming Jobs
362 total views, 1 today