Location: San Francisco, CA
Brick Design is looking for a competent python hacker to assist us with a number of upcoming and ongoing Django projects. This is primarily a back-end programming job, but if you’re inclined to code templates and create front-end media, that would be extra awesome. Ideally the candidate will work onsite in our SF office. We’ll also consider remote coders who have strong communication skills and a proven track record of success.
This job is a contract position and is open to individuals legally able to work in the U.S.
- Strong working knowledge of the Django Framework
- Python skills to get the job done, no matter what
- Strong attention to detail (reading that spec twice before diving in)
- Strong teamwork skills
- Strong time-management and estimating skills
- Git skills, in case one of our designers mucks things up 🙂
- Use of south for migrations
- Working linux sysadmin skills
- Working knowledge of PostgreSQL and MySQL
- You can adapt quickly to custom code bases
It would be awesome if…
- You have worked at or with a small design/development firm before
- You can architect complex models in your sleep
- You frequent djangopackages.com and know the best app for the job
- You have experience with MongoDB or another NoSQL solution
- You have experience with Apache Solr
- You have experience with Celery
- You write pep-8 code
- You’re excited about TextMate 2 alpha
- You’re in the SF Bay area and could work in our office
- You desire to patch areas of Django you consider broken
- You play around with Flask and other micro-frameworks when you feel bored with Django
- You love using django-sentry to monitor errors (or lack thereof)
It would be extra awesome if…
- You can do front-end (html, js, LESS+CSS3 goodness)
Brick Design is a San Francisco-based firm that partners with clients to reframe their brand. We do this by thinking, designing, executing and delivering distinctive solutions. We create work that works, both visually and technically. We place importance on ideas rather than style. The work stands out, gets noticed and gives our clients results.
Founded by designer Brian Jacobs, a former associate at Pentagram, Brick brings years of award-winning design experience to disciplines from branding & naming, identity, interaction & web design, to package design and environments.
Individually and collectively, our team of graphic and interactive designers has collaborated with clients that range from Fortune 500 brands and small businesses to educational institutions and arts organizations. Included are Apple, Microsoft, Stanford University, Nikon, Ritz-Carlton, One&Only Resorts, The Palms/Las Vegas, the San Francisco Opera, Wells Fargo, AIGA and Muzak.
To apply: Send a resume and portfolio of django work to firstname.lastname@example.org
View full post on Recent Programming Jobs
292 total views, 1 today