Location: Cambridge, MA
User Interface Designer
Are you searching for a start-up environment where you have a lead role in creating innovative products? Are you passionate about designing beautiful and usable interfaces that make people’s lives easier? We’ve got some big ideas that will have an impact of millions of people and we’re looking for a User Interface Designer to help define and create the user experience. If you thrive in fast-paced environments and are looking for your next design challenge we should talk! You will be joining a team of industry veterans whose collective experience includes designing best-of-breed user interfaces, launching the flash platform and growing successful, public companies.
We are seeking an exceptional User Interface Designer to help concept and design innovative solutions for Brightcove’s online video platform. Candidates must be able to think in terms of the end-to-end user experience and create designs that are visually appealing, easy to use, and emotionally engaging. This role requires skills in visual design, information architecture, interaction design, and a solid understanding of current rich internet application and web technologies.
- Lead new user interface designs through the full design and development cycle (including concepts, information architecture, visual design and interaction design)
- Work collaboratively with the product team to define product requirements focusing on customer efficiency and ease-of-use
- Conduct user research and usability testing sessions
- Leverage rapid prototyping and frequent customer interaction to inform design decisions
- 3+ years professional experience designing interactive user experiences
- An outstanding portfolio showcasing innovative design solutions
- User-centered design perspective and understanding of related design methodologies
- A strong understanding of grid systems, composition, color theory, typography and an obsessive attention to detail
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- A solid understanding of rich internet application technologies.
- Ability to rapidly prototype and evaluate designs with customers
- Experience designing mobile user interfaces a plus
- Experience with user research and usability testing a plus
- Experience with agile development (scrum) a plus
All candidates must send an online portfolio or work samples.
This position is based in our corporate headquarters in Cambridge, Massachusetts, conveniently located across from the Kendall Square T station.
Brightcove is the leading online video platform. Media companies, businesses, and organizations worldwide use Brightcove to publish and distribute video that reaches more than 135 million unique viewers every month. We’ve worked hard to create a company where talented, passionate people can thrive in a culture that values individual empowerment, excellence, and collaboration. Working at Brightcove gives you the chance to reshape how media is published and consumed worldwide while you develop your skills, grow your career, and have fun.
Brightcove is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
To apply: To apply for this position, please visit our website at http://www.brightcove.com/careers and complete the easy-to-use online application.
View full post on Recent Design Jobs
334 total views, 2 today