Location: Boston, MA
This is a great opportunity to help shape the future of interactive media and television. As an engineer building this exciting new media platform, you will help invent and deliver video experiences that touch millions of people around the world. You will join a talented team of software, Web and media veterans from companies such as Allaire, ATG, Comcast, Macromedia, Lycos and News Corp., led by the company’s founder and Internet pioneer Jeremy Allaire. Visit www.brightcove.com
for more information.
The right candidate must be an exceptional Software Engineer with strong academic background. Candidate must be a self starter, a strong communicator, work well with others and be able to adapt to changes quickly in a high pressure startup environment. This role is on the Professional Services team, where you will be working directly with some of the largest media companies in the world in helping them to launch their Brightcove-powered video experiences. Previous clients have included Showtime, The New York Times, Sun Microsystems and many more. This is a great opportunity for someone who wants to build exciting solutions that touch millions of people.
- Lead architecture and conceptualization of complex web applications focused on front-end technologies.
- Manage a small team of software engineers with varying levels of experience.
- Work with Creative Designers to develop completed Human Interface designs with high attention to detail.
- Participate actively in software design discussions.
- Analyze, scope and design solutions based on customer requirements and architectures.
- Write code that is functional, elegant and standards-compliant.
- Document technical specifications and completed work and share internally and externally.
- Collaborate with other team members on various components of projects.
- Help support client-facing Sales efforts.
- MS/BS in Computer Science or related background preferred.
- Experience with complete software development processes a must.
- 5-10 years of software development experience.
- Expert in ActionScript and Flash.
- Experience building scalable Web applications and consumer online services.
- Proficient in XML, Web Services and unit testing frameworks.
- Knowledge of Java, PHP and XSLT a plus.
- Excellent knowledge of Object-Oriented Design, Analysis, and Programming.
- Excellent technical communication skills in both written and spoken English.
This position is based in Cambridge, MA.
Why you want to work for Brightcove:
Brightcove is the leading online video platform. Media companies, businesses, and organizations worldwide use Brightcove to publish and distribute video that reaches more than 135 million unique viewers every month. We’ve worked hard to create a company where talented, passionate people can thrive in a culture that values individual empowerment, excellence, and collaboration. Working at Brightcove gives you the chance to reshape how media is published and consumed worldwide while you develop your skills, grow your career, and have fun.
To apply: http://hire.jobvite.com/j/?cj=ojDPVfwq&s=37Signals and complete the easy-to-use on-line application process in the Careers section of our website.
Brightcove is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
View full post on Recent Programming Jobs
280 total views, 1 today