Location: Cambridge, MA, USA
Senior Visual Designer
This is a great opportunity to help shape the future of interactive media and television. You will work with publishers, programmers, TV networks, filmmakers and producers of all sizes to help them deliver Internet TV services. You will join a talented team of software, web and media veterans from companies such as Allaire, ATG, Comcast, Macromedia, Lycos and News Corp., led by the company’s founder and Internet pioneer Jeremy Allaire.
We are seeking an exceptional Senior Visual Designer to help concept and design innovative solutions for Brightcove’s next generation products. Candidates must be able to think in terms of the end-to-end user experience and create designs that are visually appealing, easy to use, and emotionally engaging. This role requires skills in visual design, information architecture, and a solid understanding of current rich internet application and web technologies.
- Lead user interface design projects through the design and development cycle (including concepts, information architecture and visual design)
- Work directly with product managers to define product requirements focusing on customer efficiency and ease-of-use
- Collaborate with other designers, engineers and product managers on the product definition process
- Leverage rapid prototyping and frequent customer interaction to inform design decisions
- Concept and design innovative end-user media experiences
- An exceptional portfolio showcasing innovative design solutions
- Minimum of 3-5 years professional experience designing interactive media and user interfaces for product software and web applications
- Strong foundation in typography, color and layout
- Obsessive attention to detail
- User-centered design perspective and understanding of related design methodologies
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Expert knowledge of Photoshop and Illustrator
- An in-depth understanding rich internet application technologies
- Ability to rapidly prototype and evaluate designs with customers
- Collaborative team skills and experience working with agile development (scrum) a plus
This position is based in Cambridge, Massachusetts, conveniently located across from the Kendall Square stop on the Red line.
Brightcove is the leading online video platform. Media companies, businesses, and organizations worldwide use Brightcove to publish and distribute video that reaches more than 135 million unique viewers every month. We’ve worked hard to create a company where talented, passionate people can thrive in a culture that values individual empowerment, excellence, and collaboration. Working at Brightcove gives you the chance to reshape how media is published and consumed worldwide while you develop your skills, grow your career, and have fun.
To apply: Apply Online
To apply for this position, please visit our website at http://www.brightcove.com/ and complete the easy-to-use on-line application process in the Careers section of our website.
Brightcove is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
View full post on Recent Design Jobs
252 total views, 1 today