Location: Brooklyn, New York
The Technology department at the Brooklyn Museum seeks a web developer to join our team to help manage the museum’s web presence. You’d be working with a small team on a variety of web and in-gallery projects related to art, community, visitor experience and open access. This is a fun, friendly and fast-paced environment with interesting content. We’re a small shop, and all of our staff members work across disciplines and support each other. Accordingly, qualified candidates will possess a broad range of skills.
Here’s what we’re after:
- Strong command of object-oriented PHP
- Strong command of HTML and CSS, as well as a commitment to web standards and making accessible, usable websites
- Experience with relational databases, e.g. MySQL, MSSQL
- Some experience with Linux web server administration, e.g. Apache, MySQL, Postfix, etc.
- Familiarity with version control, e.g. SVN
- Can work on site, full time
Additionally, we’re keeping an eye out for exceptional candidates who may have:
- Experience with UX design and information architecture.
- Experience working on mobile platforms, e.g. iOS, Android
- Experience building and maintaining content management tools
- Familiarity with at least one dynamic programming/scripting language, e.g. Ruby
- Experience with e-commerce and PCI compliance
- Strong shell scripting skills
The successful candidate will have a demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with other departments and personnel, to manage multiple responsibilities independently, while adhering to established departmental technology standards.?
Brooklyn Museum is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants for positions are considered without regard to race, creed, color, country of origin, sex, age, citizenship, disability or sexual orientation. Candidates of color are strongly encouraged to apply. The Immigration and Control Act (1986) requires that all hires be in conformity with the law.?
To apply: To apply, send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include salary requirements in the cover letter and get creative – tell us why you’d be a great match to work at the Brooklyn Museum!
View full post on Recent Programming Jobs
248 total views, 1 today