Location: Brooklyn, NY
Junior Developers at Brooklyn United handle a host of responsibilities and their days are, like the rest of us, defined by the sheer variety of work types. Our interns regularly work on many projects for clients in dramatically varied fields. We’re always on the lookout for developers who can offer insight into prevailing trends, and can think critically about their work and participate actively in group processes.
Studio hours are M-F, 10a-6p. Our developers see projects at every stage of the process and are given a high degree of autonomy and responsibility, and we work hard to ensure their voices are a key part of projects they work on.
The Junior Developer builds and tests interactive projects from mobile to web to things that aren’t so easily categorized. Our developers work collaboratively with the design team and studio heads to shape ideas, and reports to the Associate Director of Interactive and Associate Technical Director.
More About Us
While our core market is delivering creative solutions for clients in creative industries like fashion, architecture, design, and the arts, our studio has range. We work with a wide variety of clients, and our staff is energized by that diversity of experience. We’re located in Brooklyn, NY, in the New York Digital District.
WHAT YOU BRING
- True zeal for all things interactive
- Proficiency with web, mobile, and social technologies
- An ability to work well with others and think clearly under deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
An understanding of current technologies is expected of all members of our development team. You’ll be expected to:
- Bring a collaborative mindset and serious work ethic
- Work closely (and harmoniously) with the design and development teams
- Think creatively and critically about every assignment
- Understand the project goals, client needs, and studio agenda
- Manage time efficiently and meet deadlines
- Experiment and explore to improve the studio’s process and deliveries
- Applicants must live in the greater New York City area or be willing to move here
To apply: Write us at firstname.lastname@example.org and include a PDF of your portfolio and link to your site.
Please don’t forget your contact info and make sure you respond with "Junior Developer" in the subject of your email!
View full post on Recent Programming Jobs
250 total views, 1 today