Buddy Media: Experience Design Lead
Location: New York, NY
The Experience Design Lead will be responsible for the overall experience design of a client’s social media project and ensuring its quality and delivery by Buddy Media’s UX, Production Design and Development teams. Buddy Media is a fast-paced creative environment requiring strong conceptual thinking, innovation and a clear understanding of social media and how to deliver engaging branded solutions for clients leveraging Buddy Media’s technologies.
The Experience Design Lead’s primary responsibilities are:
o Collaborate with Account Managers, User Experience, and Production Designers to develop innovative, results-oriented social marketing strategies for clients.
o Understand client’s business goals, user’s social networking behavioral patterns, and the parameters of the Buddy Media Platform to develop opportunities and to create an experience that will deliver success.
o Lead the experience design process between the client team, creative team and technical team during all phases of the project.
Client-facing and project responsibilities include:
o Analyze the strategic direction and oversee the production of all client deliverables.
o Perform heuristic evaluations of wireframes and visual designs to ensure deliverables are client-ready.
o Work with project teams on all aspects of strategy and implementation to integrate business goals and requirements into the project process, ensuring a seamless transition from strategic concept, through production design and technical build.
Internally-focused responsibilities include:
o Coordinate the daily assignment of client work to the design teams.
o Provide responsive, consultative service to internal client teams.
o Research and follow trends in design as well as developments in social media strategies and its impact on design; disseminate findings to UX and production designers to facilitate innovation and knowledge share.
o Research client performance reports; synthesize findings into summary reports and presentations.
o Implement processes to streamline design phases and deliverables for client products.
The Experience Design Lead’s career should demonstrate a deep understanding of, and experience with: user-centered visual and functional design techniques; development and execution of online marketing and engagement campaigns; project processes for the development of multi-channel campaigns; documentation requirements for web development teams; and application of content management, systems. A passion for social media marketing, applications and technologies is a must and experience with front-end development is a plus.
Additionally, the candidate must have demonstrated ability to successfully:
• Manage multiple projects ranging in size and scope simultaneously.
• Work well in a team environment with Account Executives, team leads, project managers, developers, and other creative staff.
• Serve as a seasoned creative contact for clients on projects.
• Ensure accurate and innovative execution of work in all areas. Other skills, qualifications, responsibilities include:
• Deep knowledge of online marketing, strategy, design, research, media and competitive analysis.
• Ability to translate concepts into planning and information architecture (via wireframes or sketches).
• Experience with requirements gathering and project definition for research, usability, strategy and web development projects.
• Motivates self, needs no prodding/direction.
• Bachelor’s degree with artistic and/or multidisciplinary backgrounds such as design, design planning, psychology, computer science, human/computer interface design, marketing or commerce/business.
• At least 5 years of related industry experience in new media, user experience design, or communications.
• Excellent communication skills, both orally and written form.
• Familiar with software development process/business analysis, user research, usability practices and testing.
• Experience with Adobe CS or other tools for generating wireframes and presentation documents.
• Knowledge of HTML, XML, and CSS.
• Working knowledge of Project Management software.
• Some out-of-office travel to client sites is expected.
Buddy Media Inc. offers competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package including: health insurance, retirement plans, paid time off and participation in the company equity plan. All benefits listed are subject to change. Buddy Media Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
About Our Company – Buddy Media
The Buddy Media Platform is the Facebook management system of choice for the world’s largest brands and agencies including Procter & Gamble, Anheuser Busch, Starwood, Delta, Southwest Airlines, Samsung, L’Oreal, the National Hockey League and others.
Become a Buddy too! Be part of the next Annual Kickball Game, Ping Pong tournament, Karaoke craziness, and the Buddy Media Amazing Race! Eat in our Buddy Lounge and workout in our private gym! Join our 100+ employees, and become part of the growing and successful Buddy Media Movement.
Based in New York, Buddy Media was one of the first companies selected by Facebook as a preferred developer partner. The Company is backed by Institutional Venture Partners, Softbank Capital, and WPP, the world’s largest communications services group.
View full post on Recent Design Jobs
324 total views, 1 today