Location: New York, NY
The Role – Platform Response Engineer
The Buddy Media engineering and systems teams represents the brain behind the Buddy Media Platform, the leading Facebook management system used by eight out of the top ten global brands. A Platform Response Engineer is responsible for responding to, diagnosing and finding potential solutions for Buddy Media Platform and Facebook features.
This individual is someone with a passion for web application development and learning new technologies. The individual is someone who takes pride in their ability to sift through moving parts and complex environments to identify problems quickly and provide suggestions for resolution.
This individual must have excellent problem solving skills and the ability to communicate effectively with customer service teams and the Buddy Media Engineering teams. The individual will have a deep understanding of our customer’s workflow and processes and uncover and diagnose problems in new and existing code by running customer centric scenarios. The individual will have an important role in notifying engineers and the Customer Loyalty Team of quality issues and will lead the effort to identify areas for improvement of overall system quality.
- Work extensively with the Client Loyalty Team to respond to tickets and diagnose problems.
- Work extensively with the Engineering team to escalate high priority items or items that require attention beyond the capabilities of the Platform Response team.
- See every ticket from initial response to resolution. Follow through with both the Client Loyalty Team and
- Engineering teams to ensure accurate and continuous communication for all tickets.
- Identify patterns and communicate potential new issues to the appropriate teams.
- Become an expert on every aspect of the Buddy Media platform and be capable of communicating effectively regarding these aspects.
Necessary Skills & Requirements:
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field or relevant work experience.
- Passion for quality and stability.
- Loves a challenge and troubleshooting complex problems.
- Willingness to conduct ad-hoc or exploratory testing with thin to no documentation.
- Familiarity with a defect tracking tool such as Bugzilla, Trac, or Salesforce a plus.
- Some familiarity with relational databases (MySQL) is a plus.
- Ability to advocate for software changes when necessary.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Desire to work in fast-paced, entrepreneurial setting.
- Proactive and extremely positive approach to problem solving and troubleshooting.
About Our Company – Buddy Media
The Buddy Media Platform is the Facebook management system of choice for the world’s largest brands and agencies including Procter & Gamble, Anheuser Busch, Starwood, Delta, Southwest Airlines, Samsung, L’Oreal, the National Hockey League and others.
Become a Buddy too! Be part of the next Annual Kickball Game, Ping Pong tournament, Karaoke craziness, and the Buddy Media Amazing Race! Eat in our Buddy Lounge and workout in our private gym! Join our 160+ employees, and become part of the growing and successful Buddy Media Movement. Buddy Media was also the winner of the 2010 Crunchie for Best Enterprise!
Based in New York, Buddy Media was one of the first companies selected by Facebook as a preferred develop partner. The company is backed by Institutional Venture Partners, Softbank Capital, and WPP, the world’s largest communications services group.?
Buddy Media Inc. offers compensation and a comprehensive benefits package including: health insurance, retirement plans, paid time off and participation in the company equity plan. All benefits listed are subject to change. Buddy Media Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply: Apply here: http://www.buddymedia.com/company/careers
View full post on Recent Programming Jobs
302 total views, 1 today