Location: SoHo, NYC
BuzzFeed is seeking an experienced developer who is passionate about developing innovative products and great user interfaces with beautiful front-end code. This is an great opportunity to make a huge impact as an integral part of our lean development team.
- You love the web and building web apps. You have real-world experience shipping code and you want your work to be used by over 12 million people every month.
- You understand and can contribute to product design. You’re not “technically” a designer, but you appreciate and understand good UI design, UX, and typography. You know when to use radio buttons and when to use a drop-down.
About The Job
- We have an agile, iterative development process. We deploy code many times a week, sometimes many times a day. We favor experimentation over perfection, but know when it’s important to get it right.
- We’re building a small, collaborative team. We’re looking for motivated individuals who can work both independently and collaboratively, own their projects, and become key contributors. We don’t want worker drones.
- Experience with Facebook Connect, Twitter Login, OAuth, etc
- Experience with Selenium or similar tools to test front-end code
- Experience with mobile web development and technologies
- Experience with server-side languages like PHP, Perl, or Python
- Competency with Photoshop, Illustrator and any design experience
- Interest in web culture, viral media, web communities, or web advertising
Compensation & Perks
- A bright, beautiful loft space in SoHo, NYC
- Competitive compensation package including stock options
- Good health benefits
- New Mac, big monitor, nice chair, and whatever software you need
- Lots of free snacks, drinks, and a weekly free lunch
- We don’t support IE6 anymore
BuzzFeed is a place to find and launch the hottest and most viral posts that everyone is talking about. We’re working to develop the best technology for creating, sharing, reacting to, tracking, and spreading media on the web. BuzzFeed.com has 12 million monthly uniques and we have our viral tracking code on The Huffington Post, Time, Life, and AOL over 160 million monthly uniques. In addition we’re creating viral advertising products for brands like Absolut Vodka, Focus Features, Samsung, JetBlue, and BBC America.
BuzzFeed was founded by Jonah Peretti, a founder of Huffington Post, and raised $8M from RRE, Softbank, Hearst, and Ron Conway.
View full post on Recent Programming Jobs
259 total views, 1 today