Location: San Francisco, CA
About Cake Health
Cake Health is looking for brilliant people to help us fix the U.S. health care system. We believe that your benefits and care options should be described in simple language, that you should always have immediate access to all of your data, and that you should always know what’s covered by your insurance.
Our team has built some great momentum in just the last ten months, going from idea to prototype to private beta in May, and then launching Cake Health to the public in September at TechCrunch Disrupt, where we made it to the final round. We came away from the conference with a large and growing base of enthusiastic users and potential partners. We’ve raised money from some of the top angels and funds in Silicon Valley, and have been featured in Forbes, Wired, TechCrunch, Business Insider, and the Financial Times, to name a few.
We have a big vision for where Cake Health can go from here, which is why we’re looking to build our team. You will be a critical team member that will have significant responsibility. You are bright, hard-working and relentlessly resourceful, and most importantly, you are excited by the challenges and opportunity for an early-stage startup to change the world.
About the role
Cake Health is looking for a senior developer to help us execute a number of new projects around our core offering. We are looking for full stack engineers who can work closely with the rest of the product team at every phase of the project life cycle, from determining requirements and outlining the approach, to writing specs, to actually executing against a test suite.
Above all we’re looking for people who like to use their brains to build robust solutions to complex problems. You should also have the following:
- Desire to build things in Ruby
- Extensive experience building products in Ruby or a similar language
- Something that you can point to and say “I did this, all by myself, from start to finish”.
- Familiarity with most of the following: Rails, mySQL, HAML, SASS, jQuery, Git, Rspec, Passenger, nginx.
- Desire to work in a TDD environment and contribute to the discipline.
Benefits and Perks
- Competitive salary and a stake in the company
- Flexible hours
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plan options
- Bright office in a great location in South Park/SOMA: 5 minute walk to Caltrain, 10 to BART, tons of great restaurants and food trucks nearby.
- Casual office environment
- Roof deck 🙂
 You thought this would be easy?
To apply: To apply, send your info to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Senior Developer" somewhere in the subject line. To put yourself at the top of the pile, visit http://cakehealth.com/jobs and send us some code that makes the spec pass.
View full post on Recent Programming Jobs
263 total views, 1 today