Location: Mountain View, CA &/or Telecommute!
Ruby on Rails Architect
We are a start-up that just received Series A funding, so we’re building a team of superstars. We offer a service that allows website owners to watch customers use their website, so they can find out where they’re having problems. Our current customers include Google, Disney, Groupon, CNN, Amazon, Twitter, eBay and Walmart. We’d like a creative, smart, fun and hardworking person to join our team to help us design elements of both our website and core product.
You love developing (and programming!) systems and tools, and you take pride in the quality of the final result. You manage your time effectively by prioritizing and staying on task (i.e. you like getting things done quickly). You love being able to contribute to the architecture of what you’re working on and you understand how your work fits into the overall business strategy. You are looking for a company where you can move up into a leadership role. You are a positive person and you work well within a team.
We need someone who will work with our existing team of developers as we optimize our systems and move many from C# to Ruby on Rails – an opportunity for you to re-write a system to your specifications – you’ll be an integral part of our future success!
Want exciting projects? You’ll be involved in working on a cutting edge video playback and video manipulation system – as well as other advances that will keep Usertesting – with your help – at the forefront of the market.
Have the thirst for a leadership role? Come show us what you’ve got! We’re a small company looking for someone who wants to eventually move up and take a leading role as VP of Engineering.
* 5+ years web-based software development.
* 2+ years Ruby on Rails experience.
* 2-3 years making architecture-level decisions.
Desired (but not required):
* BS in Computer Science.
* Agile / Scrum development environment experience.
* LAMP experience.
* SQL experience.
* HTML5 and CSS/CSS3 development experience.
* Audio and video development on Windows / Mac.
Bits O’ Information:
* Competitive salary – great skills deserve a great wage!
* Full time, regular position in a relaxed office with flexible hours.
* Telecommuting is an option.
* Work visa transfer or sponsorship is not possible at this time.
We also have a fantastic package of benefits including:
* Paid time off.
* Health insurance.
* Retirement account.
* Gym membership reimbursements.
* Volunteer days (get paid time off to work at a local non-profit).
* Yearly education reimbursements for outside learning or training.
How To Apply:
* Captain Recruiter will be the first point of contact.
* All applications receive a response.
To apply: Click here to apply: http://www.captainrecruiter.com/jobs/148
View full post on Recent Programming Jobs
339 total views, 1 today