Cars.com: Senior Front End Application Developer – Cars.com
Location: Chicago, IL
- Collaborates with the product team to turn user stories into product features.
- Creates designs that are appropriate for the change or feature.
- Creates / updates documentation that is appropriate for the change.
- Works closely with the lead developer or architect as needed, this may be as part of a discovery activity or to help determine feasibility of a feature.
- Plays an active role in the developer community of practice.
- May be required to attend change board meetings to represent product team changes.
- Mentor and coaches application developers in best practices, procedures, and concepts.
- Works closely with technical operations to solve problems and identify areas of improvement in the product.
- Develops coding standards via collaboration with the developer community of practice.
- Helps to enforces coding standards.
- Accountable for providing detailed feedback at Sprint retrospectives.
- Acts as subject matter expert for broad functional and technical areas of a complex system.
- Participates in the resolution of challenging and demanding problems across a number of technical topographies.
- Works with the lead developer to identify areas of improvement within the development and supporting teams.
- Part of a team that is responsible for taking user stories and breaking them down into tasks that can be completed in a sprint
- Works with the product team in story and sprint planning to plan work and set release milestones.
- Recent experience developing for a large scale, high transaction web site.
- Able to develop, maintain and implement existing and new tag libraries
- Able to implement and maintain Omniture or similar analytics platform
- Minimum 5 years of experience using CSS and HTML to implement UIs that are user friendly and also maintainable.
- Understands, articulates, and conforms to core OOP principles where applicable.
- Understands, utilizes, and leverages core Java architecture.
- Minimum of 5 years of web-based development experience.
- Excellent problem solving skills and troubleshooting skills.
- Must be able to quickly assess problems and determine proper steps to resolution.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required.
- Ability to work well with a wide variety of people with varying technical skill sets and business knowledge is required.
- Willingness to develop domain expertise.
- Must be able to guide and appropriately delegate tasks to developers.
- Experience integrating web services (WSDL, SOAP, REST, etc.)
- Familiarity with web content management platforms (specifically Autonomy TeamSite) a plus.
- HTML 5 experience a plus.
- Knowledge and or experience implementing and working with MVC frameworks (Spring, Struts 2) a plus
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or Computer Information Systems (related/commensurate experience acceptable)
To apply: APPLY HERE
View full post on Recent Design Jobs
131 total views, 1 today