Location: San Francisco, CA
CBS Interactive, a division of CBS Corporation, is the premier online content network for information and entertainment. Its portfolio of leading brands, which include CNET, CBS.com, CBSSports.com, GameSpot, TV.com, BNET, and Last.fm span popular categories like technology, entertainment, sports, news, and business. With more than 150 million people visiting its properties each month, CBS Interactive is a top 10 web property globally.
CHOW is the award-winning food website that’s part of the CBS Interactive Lifestyle and Entertainment group. We’re seeking an interactive designer with top-notch visual design skills and solid UI / UX experience to join our team in San Francisco.
As part of CHOW you’ll work directly with a multi-disciplinary team that includes writers, directors, editors, photographers, developers and video teams. You’ll be applying your skills toward our core product, the CHOW website, designing art and interactive content for editorial features, creating series identities for video and more.
– You’re organized, energized and eager to work with other creatives
– Your passion for design matches your talent and creative eye
– Your design approach begins with gaining an understanding of the problem
– You’re not afraid to ask questions
– You are willing to consider differing points of view
– You thrive in a fast-paced, demanding environment
– You’re comfortable taking direction and getting feedback
– You enjoy creative challenges and naturally tend to over deliver
– You are energized by variety
– You’re interested in all things digital, including mobile and social platforms
– You enjoy getting out of your comfort zone
– You do whatever it takes to get the job done – even if that means working past 6
– Passion and talent in graphic design, typography and the application of photography and illustration
– Thorough understanding of interaction design and user experience
– Basic understanding of front and back-end web and mobile technologies
– Mastery of industry-standard software on the Mac platform
– Ability and willingness to use project management software and workflow systems
Must be fluent in…
– Rapid iteration and prototyping
– Layout / UI design
– Information Architecture
– Visual UI Development
Desirable (but not required)…
– Experience working within a design firm or advertising agency
– Experience working with sound, video and/or animation
– Experience with art direction
– Love of food!
All candidates should include a link to their portfolio or provide work samples as part of the application process. Please indicate your role and contribution for each project submitted.
Candidates should have a BA in design or related discipline, at least 3 years of professional experience in graphic design, strong information visualization skills, prototyping skills, and be comfortable working independently and collaboratively within multidisciplinary teams.
*Must successfully pass a background check.
To apply: Send resumes to email@example.com
View full post on Recent Design Jobs
222 total views, 1 today