Center for Rural Health, University of North Dakota: Web Developer
Location: Grand Forks, ND
- Interpret staff/user requirements and translate into technical database applications.
- Develop complex database applications that are easy-to-use.
- Develop web interfaces for databases.
- Provide ongoing support for databases and database applications.
- Design, code and test technical solutions.
- Develop user documentation.
- Determine user requirements.
- Research technical possibilities and options.
- Communicate technology options to project staff and work collaboratively to develop application strategies and solutions.
- Provide ongoing support to project staff regarding specialized software, databases, and other technologies.
- Assist webmaster with maintaining both static and dynamic database-driven web pages.
- Assist webmaster and project staff with assessing new web standards, technologies and trends.
- Collaborate in the planning for future enhancement of web sites.
- Create web forms and surveys using PHP and MySQL.
- Develop internal web-based solutions to help CRH better manage and access information.
- Research and recommend technical solutions based on user requirements.
- Provide staff training and assistance relating to information systems and software.
- Work with Campus Computer Services Department to implement new technologies.
- Receive, log, analyze, monitor, and use correct resources to resolve technical problems.
- Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate field or equivalent education and experience
- Specialized subject knowledge in web design and maintenance, database development, computer information systems, and software use and application
- Knowledge of database structure and SQL
- Proficiency with web applications including HTML coding, cascading style sheets, web-standards, client-side and server-side scripting
- Demonstrated ability to be self-directed
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Emphasis on ability to demonstrate organizational skills, to prioritize, to multitask, to take initiate, and to work as part of a team
- Must be willing to travel both in-state and nationally on occasion Valid driver’s license
- Strong computer skills using MS Office applications and SQL
- High quality and timely work products
- Experience with web-based scripting language (PHP, ColdFusion, ASP.Net, Python, Ruby, etc.)
- Criminal history background check
- Experience with MySQL, PHP, and Dreamweaver
- Experience in project development and coordination
To apply: Please complete UND Application/Control Card form found online at www.humanresources.und.edu. All applications must be received or postmarked by 9/29/10 and have complete name and current mailing address.
View full post on Recent Programming Jobs
271 total views, 1 today