Location: Charlottesville, VA
The Interaction/User Experience Designer is accountable for driving development of website and web application interaction design from conceptualization to implementation, utilizing user-centered design principles. This position works collaboratively with the web team and other internal stakeholders to envision, design, prototype, communicate, and conduct research on user experiences for global CFA Institute customer-facing web properties. The position will be headquartered in Charlottesville, Virginia, USA and will report to the Manager, Web Content and User Experience.
• Work collaboratively with web team and internal stakeholders to create innovative conceptual designs based on the latest web technologies and usability standards, arriving at solutions that balance business objectives, constituent experience, and technological realities.
• Effectively communicate abstract ideas through presentations, wireframes, mockups, task flows, and other deliverables.
• When appropriate, utilize Lean UX design concepts on an Agile Scrum team to promote faster turnaround and greater focus on the experience being designed.
• Integrate research and analytics in decision making. Compile and evaluate research needs, analyze results and translate into actionable recommendations.
• Initiate, plan, and conduct usability testing. Develop user profiles, personas, and interactive prototypes for proof-of-concept and testing purposes. Contribute to A/B testing and other forms of user experience evaluation as needed.
• Define, document, and communicate organizational design patterns and guidelines.
• Assist with web content creation, information architecture, web page design, and related tasks as required to maintain the team’s production goals and standards of service.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s degree in interaction design, human-computer interaction, or related subject, master’s degree preferred.
• A minimum of 3 years of experience designing complex websites and applications. Link to online portfolio or work samples may be submitted with resume.
• Work displays foundation in user-centered design methods and techniques.
• Proficiency with design tools like Visio, Dreamweaver, Fireworks, Photoshop, and Illustrator. Experience creating rapid interactive prototypes with Axure or similar prototyping tools.
• Able to identify emerging technologies and their implications for our organization, initiating internal discussions and innovation.
• Proven ability to plan and execute user research and usability tests, providing analysis and recommendations.
• Strong attention to detail and well developed project management skills. Experience with Agile and/or Lean UX methodologies a plus.
• Excellent consulting, problem solving, and analytical abilities.
• Excellent communication skills including written, verbal, listening, and presentation
• Flexibility in competently juggling competing priorities and changing expectations
• Energy to put in the hours of concentrated work necessary to achieve goals while maintaining a positive attitude
• Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information with a high degree of professionalism
Occasional travel for usability research and professional development
To apply: Interested applicants should submit a CV/resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to email@example.com.
Please include the title of the role in the subject line.
View full post on Recent Design Jobs
255 total views, 1 today