Location: New York, NY
ChallengePost is looking for a senior front-end Ruby on Rails engineer to join our product team as we cement our leadership role as the Central Marketplace for Challenges on the Internet.
Who you are:
- Excellent at creating maintainable, cross-browser HTML/CSS (IE, Firefox, Safari, Chrome, etc.)
- Have a few projects on the side you’d be willing to show off
- Enjoy learning new browser features (HTML5, etc) and finding ways to incorporate them into your work
- Care about details and pride yourself on doing great work
- Have a few years of Ruby/Rails experience under your belt
Who we are:
ChallengePost is a web platform that connects talented problem solvers , supporters, and rewarding challenges. We’re well-funded and based in the meatpacking district in New York City. Our backers include Steve Wozniak (who is on our Board of Directors), Betaworks, Esther Dyson, and other luminaries. Our clients include First Lady Michelle Obama and the USDA, the City of New York (and the NYC BigApps challenge), Thomson Reuters, Samsung, and more. We recently were chosen to create and power http://Challenge.gov
, the Governmentwide Challenge Platform for crowdsourced problem-solving. We are a lean team, and our business is growing rapidly.
We’re more focused on deliverables than meetings. Everyone’s opinion is respected and all ideas are given equal consideration. It’s a culture of meaningful work by dedicated, hard-working individuals, but the environment is relaxed and creative too.
Competitive, and commensurate with experience.
To apply: Send me an email to email@example.com and introduce yourself. I’d love to hear about your experience, your current projects, and anything you’d improve about http://challenge.gov.
I look forward to hearing from you!
– John Allison, Lead Dev
View full post on Recent Programming Jobs
272 total views, 1 today