Location: New York, NY
ChallengePost is a web platform that connects talented problem solvers with rewarding challenges and those who support them. We’re well-funded and based in New York City. Our clients include First Lady Michelle Obama and the USDA, the City of New York (and the NYC BigApps challenge), Thomson Reuters, Samsung, the World Bank, and more. We recently were chosen to create and power the Governmentwide Challenge Platform across all federal agencies for crowdsourced problem-solving: http://challenge.gov
. We are a lean team, and our business is growing rapidly.
ChallengePost is looking for an exceptionally creative, well-trained web designer to put some beautiful pixels around our beautiful code. You would own (and take pride in) the design of our sites through-and-through.
You’ll be working closely with our product team to design the user interface for the publicly facing sites, as well as the client facing CMS. As we get additional projects with clients, which is a regular occurrence, you’ll be responsible for designing those too.
- A keen eye and a superb, clean, modern design sensibility
- Superior knowledge of typography
- An excellent understanding of designing for the web
- Must work daily in the office in New York City. (Relocation expenses are possible for the right person.)
- CSS experience
- UX understanding – You didn’t write the book, but you recognize bad UX when you see it and embrace the designer’s role in providing positive user experience
- Experience working on an Agile team. We do 1 week iterations on code.
Check out some of our work:
The Culture & Location
We’re more focused on deliverables than meetings. Everyone’s opinion is respected and all ideas are given equal consideration. It’s a culture of meaningful work by dedicated, hard-working individuals, but the environment is relaxed and creative too. Our offices are in the meatpacking district.
Very competitive, includes stock options and benefits, and is commensurate with experience.
To apply: Email us a resume, a link to your portfolio, and a note explaining why you would be best suited for this job to email@example.com
View full post on Recent Design Jobs
232 total views, 1 today